Bridgestone Battlax BT45 newsflash.

stevewharton

Bridgestone Battlax BT45 newsflash.

Post by stevewharton »

If you're a fan of the BT45's here's an important update.

As mentioned in another thread, last week I ordered a rear BT45 from my local Suzuki dealer for my kettle and today I took my wheel in to get it fitted.
Got there and the dealer told me that Bridgestone have no more BT45's because they're now discontinued, and they've sent a new BT46 instead.
So the first obvious question I asked was, HAAR MUCH more does it cost?
I paid £96 with free fitting last week for the BT45, and was told that the new BT46's cost £103, but Bridgestone let me have it for the price I'd already paid.
Second question, how are they different?
Answer, better design and tread pattern, better wear rate and improved grip in the wet.
Third question, is it compatible with the BT45 that's fitted to the front which still has plenty of life left?
Answer, yes no problem, they can be run safely together.
So watch this space and once I've assessed the new BT46, I'll let you know what I think.

And yes Alan, there's no need to remind us, we all know you don't like them, but a lot of us do thankyou!!! :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Roger Ackery

Re: Bridgestone Battlax BT45 newsflash.

Post by Roger Ackery »

Best tyre I've ever used
Hope the new version is as good
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Not that I don't like them, it's just that I prefer Dunlops. I had a KR86 triangular front and a TT100 rear in the 70s and always liked them, so went to Streetsmart when I started with 550s again.
That said the hippo has Avon Roadriders on it, 'cos that's what it had when I bought it....
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Thanks Prof. :ugeek:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

I had BT45s on the GT550B is recently sold. I will say they gave greater confidence in handling & adhesion than anything else I’ve rolled along on. I’ll be interested in the 46s, Steve.
Cheers, Mike
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:Not that I don't like them, it's just that I prefer Dunlops.
I've just realised why :idea: they must be cheaper. :roll:
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

I’ve got them on the T500 after finding them really good on my Kettle. They seem suited to the 500 as I’ve had the main stand grounded out a couple of times now :o
Now where did I put the black smoothright :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

PaulD738 wrote:I’ve got them on the T500 after finding them really good on my Kettle. They seem suited to the 500 as I’ve had the main stand grounded out a couple of times now :o
Now where did I put the black smoothright :lol:
You should have got it sorted with the rest of the damage when you got Rsended
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote: You should have got it sorted with the rest of the damage when you got Rsended
Erm well as I had only done one mile and eight tenths when I got rsended I really didn’t have time to get the center stand grounded out :roll:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
rodent

Post by rodent »

If I were to be looking for some of these BT46 tyres for my steed, Ideally what size would I need to be purchasing?

Edit: Found the info, thank you :D