Seat trim substitute

yeadon_m

Seat trim substitute

Post by yeadon_m »

ebay item 190551785932

9mm x 2m CHROME CAR DETAIL STYLING STRIP TRIM ADHESIVE

Its plastic but looks like chrome. It has same 9mm width as originals and same thickness and rounded profile. Issues may arise on method to get it to stick well (I haven't fitted it yet to old trim-less seat I plan to sell) but it is flexible both around the seat rear and sideways so I expect to get it to look a lot better than 'no trim'.

Best of all - £6 delivered!

Cheers,
Mike
yeadon_m

Re: Seat trim substitute

Post by yeadon_m »

Ebay item # 190551785932

Look - its not stainless, but crikey it looks very nice, even close up. It was easy to fit, I simply stuck it on with superglue as the seat cover was OK though not perfect. I did this because my old seat wasn't good enough for me (cover is so I splashed out on a NOS and transfered my genuine Suzuki stainless trim). Then the old seat looked too forlorn to sell on like that.

Here's what the soon to be on ebay seat looks like. If your trim is missing, you honestly could do a lot worse than try this cheap solution!

Cheers,
Mike
Attachments
Trimmed (Large).jpg
sheene7

Post by sheene7 »

Nice one Mike i also used this on my red Gt and i must say looks good and not bad for £6 you could never tell thanks for that info Mike what a good site this is

Steve
mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

Steve , is that an optical illusion or are you missing the middle section of trim ?
sheene7

Post by sheene7 »

mark.read3 wrote:Steve , is that an optical illusion or are you missing the middle section of trim ?

Bloody hell well spoted Mark yes it is the wife fitted it well she will just have to do it again ask them to do one job for you and look what happens i thnk i will have to spank her bottom.
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

I wonder if she thought well its got a gap on the right, so I will make it the same on the left!?
Someone is up for a spanking, but it might be the foreman who gave the instructions :-)
Mike
ps: I just assumed it was my eyes...
sheene7

Post by sheene7 »

yeadon_m wrote:I wonder if she thought well its got a gap on the right, so I will make it the same on the left!?
Someone is up for a spanking, but it might be the foreman who gave the instructions :-)
Mike
ps: I just assumed it was my eyes...
HI Mike yes thats what she did but we can do it again no problem i think i could be up for the spanking Ha ha

Steve