headlight

mizzytheman

headlight

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Gents,

Does anyone know if this headlight is suitable upgrade for an A model and is the price Ok.

Regards

Martin

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200690809199? ... 1423.l2649
malky

Re: headlight

Post by malky »

Martin-that should fit straight in no problem I fitted a flat glass halogen one from a mini cooper in mine and it slotted in as if it was meant to be there - also fitted an uprated Osram silver star bulb at the same time - same wattage but different gas in it - hell of a difference in the light - makes a standard kettle one look like a glow worm. The price seems ok but postage bumps it up a fair bit - have a look on some of the land rover or mini spares sites and you might pick one up cheaper.
Mal
slosher

Post by slosher »

Yep spot on Mal,fitted a mini 7"on my 550 only paid £7.99 from local car spares shop,sealed beam unit type bike US import.
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Cheers gents,

I'll check out the local motor factors tomorrow and have a look at the Mini web sites.

Cheers

Martin
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Hi Martin,

Did you purchase that headlight off ebay or did you find any other on the mini/Landrover websites, and if so did it fit ok. I will be after one myself for my A model as its badly scratched, I don't really need it yet but if I see one I can always buy to fit when I'm ready.

Cheers
Jeff
GT750A
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Jeff
Phoned around all the local motor factors but most of them only sell them in pairs. Found one at HSL motor factors on Warrinton Rd in Rainhill. Guy said £18 over the phone but only charged me £15 when I got there. Fit perfectly and comes with the bulb including side light.

Regards
Martin
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Hi Martin,

I'll have a run up there, its only round the corner from me and see if he's got any left.

Thanks and regards
Jeff
GT750A
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Hi Martin,

Iv'e been to HSL Motor Factors and picked up a new headlight and it fits ok, it cost £17-50.

Thanks and Regards
Jeff
GT750A
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Jeff,

Do you ever go to the scotch piper on a Wednesday night for the bike meet. If so, let me know and I'll have pint with you.

Regards

Martin
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Hi Martin,

No I've never been but heard all about it. Only just got back into bikes after a long lay off and always wanted a kettle, so finally bought one last year and in the process of restoring it. Stephen Smethurst has now got my upper left & right exhausts repairing dents and hopefully will get them back ok and will then get them off to Bob Cooper for re-croming. But I'm a long way off complete restoration yet, I need to sort the engine out.

I will probably have a run out to the Scotch Piper on a wednesday though in the car and I will look out for you.

Regards
Jeff
GT750A