headlight

mizzytheman

Re: headlight

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Jeff,
If you get your exhaust Bach fromStephen before next week I maybe able to drop them off at bobs, as I' going to pick mine up. Let me know.

Regards

Martin
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Hi Martin,

I'm still waiting for Steve to get back to me regards one of my exhausts, I only took them in on Monday so I can't see them being ready for next week, but I will let you know and I really appreciate you taking them to Bob for me.

Thanks and Regards
Jeff
GT750A
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Chaps,
Did any one buy one of those ebay Lucas 7" jobbies? wondering whether the pilot lamp hole is centrally below the H4 lamp hole.

I looked at a 7" reflector in a local car parts shop at the weekend and while I've no doubt it'll fit, the pilot on that one was off to one side (not a problem on a car with a pair of them, but not the look I want on a bike). Also, it had some nasty black shield contraption over the H4 hole which I thought was far too visible.

The ebay pic is generic and shows one without a pilot, I think. But it looks gubbins-free inside. Will ask the seller if no one knows!

Cheers,
Mike
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Hi Mike,

The one I bought was "Autopal"and is near enough identical to the one that was on my A model when I got it. The pilot light is below the the main central light and not to one side when located in the headlight bowl.

Hope this is helpfull to you.

Regards
Jeff
GT750A
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Jeff,
Thanks, yes, thats helpful. Is there anywhere on the web I can buy one? I heard back from the ebay seller with the Lucas £20 one and as expected, the pilot hole is to one side and not directly below the H4 hole.
Cheers,
Mike
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

I'm asking the seller about these: ebay item number 320931642172
I'll let folks know what I hear, as price is nice :-)
Mike
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Chap confirmed that the pilot hole is at 6 o'clock so just bought one. Small risk at £13 delivered.
Mike
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Sounds like you've picked up a bargain there Mike and I agree with you, I don't think it would look right with the pilot light on the side.

Jeff
GT750A
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Jeff,
The H4 reflector I bought is great. I have no idea what its light pattern would be but as I don't plan to ride in the dark its not going to matter.
Fitting it was a bit of a faff as I needed to cut off those little wire loops on the back of the reflector (that would fit in a more deeply dished backplate), but easy with a dremmel and cutting wheel.
I'm going to buy a spare as the silvering on the one in my Kettle isn't too clever.
Cheers,
Mike
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Jeff,
fyi I noticed when fitting mine that its also an 'Autopal' reflector. The one I took out of the bike was a Lucas anyway, and had a massive but useless 45/40W bulb in it!
Cheers,
Mike