DK remanufactured pipes

yeadon_m

DK remanufactured pipes

Post by yeadon_m »

See ebay # 180916257905

I didn't buy a set, as my mains are nice already. But I did buy the two spare MAB centre pipe, sold separately at £140 to £150 each (latter with a new baffle). Just arrived and they are non-rattling things of beauty. Look spot on to originals including the 'GT750' stamping. Will put them in for rechroming when I send off the GT550 set done later this year.

Cheers,
Mike
Kettletimes3

Re: DK remanufactured pipes

Post by Kettletimes3 »

Rhencullen

Post by Rhencullen »

Is there a UK ( or even European ) distributor for these pipes ?
1977 Suzuki GT750B - 2003 Honda CB1300 - 1979 Honda CBX1000
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Rhencullen wrote:Is there a UK ( or even European ) distributor for these pipes ?
Hi,I would expect so,but if you look at their Web Site you can buy directly from them? I'm in Sydney & have sent email to Ron at Delkevic in the past,when pipes first became available,about price,freight,etc He was helpful & prompt with a reply, Email: ron@delkevic.co.uk
Cheers, Roger.
GT750A.
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
Rhencullen

Post by Rhencullen »

Thanks for that Roger.
1977 Suzuki GT750B - 2003 Honda CB1300 - 1979 Honda CBX1000
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

I was in touch with Delkevic last week. They don't plan to make any changes to the internals. I got the sense that as far as they were concerned, the sound was fine. Having heard just one set very briefly (Snoyrock's GT750), and thinking they were 'slightly tinkly' in note, but OK by my crap ears, I don't have evidence of the quality that Baz posted. Thanks for those Youtube clips Baz!
Mike
Waterbuffalo
Location: Mostly Barbados, often Florida and ocassionally western Canada; trust me,I get around.

Post by Waterbuffalo »

I plan to buy a set for my 77 project build in the coming months and while they are a little tinkly they sound fine by me. Lets face it they are worlds better than any old used pipes that need de-carbonizing, dents removed and rechroming.
I'm not sold completely on the stock pipe sound anyways as they do tend to drone a bit in the higher gears on long inclines.
Two strokes, its just that simple.