just shows you!

Gary66

just shows you!

Post by Gary66 »

So having stripped out the front end of the 380 I found I needed a new dust seal that sits over the head race bearings, simply to protect from grime. I ordered one up and parted with my 10 quid.

After having a clear out on the garage I found a black aerosol lid which looked about the same size as the dust seal. I measured it up and sure enough it's near as f***k the same size (slightly bigger but that doesnt matter). This got me thinking, could I have made one?

Too f***** right I could!!!!!

The one on the left is the original one all cracked and had it, the one on the right I have made and took all of 5 minutes!

What's the difference you may ask, about 10 quid is the answer, and that's the only difference!!!!
Neither move or do anything other than shield the bearing area.
I haven't cancelled the order and won't now, but if you need one of these just use your initiative and you may easily make one!
barney01

Re: just shows you!

Post by barney01 »

Cheers mate...thats one of the jobs ' I must get around to one day' will try it and see
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Gary66

Post by Gary66 »

The lid was from a hammerite aerosol mate. I don't mind buying stuff that is worth the money but this I found was a rip off!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Gary66 wrote:So having stripped out the front end of the 380 I found I needed a new dust seal that sits over the head race bearings, simply to protect from grime. I ordered one up and parted with my 10 quid.
After having a clear out on the garage I found a black aerosol lid which looked about the same size as the dust seal. I measured it up and sure enough it's near as f***k the same size (slightly bigger but that doesnt matter). This got me thinking, could I have made one?
Too f***** right I could!!!!!
What's the difference you may ask, about 10 quid is the answer, and that's the only difference!!!!
Could have been worse - it could have been me............ :roll:
You can't take it with you mate, get it spent before the taxman catches up with you!! :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Alan H wrote:
Could have been worse - it could have been me............ :roll:
You can't take it with you mate, get it spent before the taxman catches up with you!! :lol:
Is that really you Alan,saying this,,,,,or some imposter trying to give me a heart attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is the HAAARRRR MUCH !!! Alan we have all become accustomed too.

I think I need a long sit down to recover..............
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

T'weren't me spending it John, I like the idea of spending very little on parts.
Pity Gary didn't think of it before his wallet moths got starved!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated