A Gold GT380

nairb123

A Gold GT380

Post by nairb123 »

It would need to be perrrfect at this price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1976-SUZUKI-G ... SwP~tW4JRu
yeadon_m

Re: A Gold GT380

Post by yeadon_m »

Too pricey even for this nice one. Wrong to have fork boots and not dust seals. Exhaust bolts should be stud/nut type.
Mine is almost this nice and will be by the time I do my long-delayed minor 'refresh' (loom replacement and frame paint, only things missed last time, plus I'll stainless all the spokes + new tyres) and even then I'll be expecting £4.5K ish if ever I sold it, which I won't!
Cheers,
Mike
crazy4557

Post by crazy4557 »

It's not an unrealistic price considering the cost of getting it to this standard. We all know it's unlikely you will get back the labour element but there's no harm in trying to get a high price, you can always come down if it doesn't get sold soon'ish.

The paint colour doesn't look correct to me but then I don't want to be called a rivet counter...not just yet anyway
1976 GT550A in black
nairb123

Post by nairb123 »

crazy4557 wrote: I don't want to be called a rivet counter...not just yet anyway
At the asking price I think it needs to be as accurate as possible... thats not rivet counting. Wrong fork boots and rear dampers can be changed. And it even has the little earth wire from the ram air to frame.

An eye catching little machine and a worthy effort..... is it an investment at that price??. Its only done 3 miles but then its never going to see the road anyway I guess.
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

IMO these are not investments anyway. I did used to think they might be, but consider: once us lot have shuffled off, will there a new, younger cohort of enough people wanting GTs to warrant the prices they currently go for? My own hunch is there are so many good to very good ones that the answer, disappointingly, is probably not. Old supply and demand laws will gradually see prices fall, though that might not happen for another decade or so....
I may be flat wrong. Who knows? :-)
Mike