On Going Problem With GT750A !

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
Roger Ackery

On Going Problem With GT750A !

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi,after 10 days with a bike running badly & everything being checked more than once electrics,coils,rectifier,regulator,wiring,alternator brushes,fuel issues checked..petrol tap,fuel cap, air cleaner,carbs off three times ! found left hand cylinder not running properly...the plug was black & wet,compression is reading 125psi on all 3 ! I'm happy with this !! Pulled carbs off AGAIN late this afternoon,the left hand carb was dismantled first,the emulsion tube just fell out on to the ground !! on inspection the little O ring no longer fits nicely on the tube to retain it in the carb body! I hope this is the cause all along for my bad running ? The other carbs emulsion tubes are quite tight,the choke carb plungers have definately had their day,& may have not being shutting off properly...which carburettor kit is recommend to overhaul the CV type carbs Keyster,Cruzin-Image,or something else ?
Cheers,
Roger
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
Bezzer

Re: On Going Problem With GT750A !

Post by Bezzer »

Just be aware most/all? Kits don't include the emulsion tubes or their O rings. When I was experimenting I think I used a 4mm ID 1mm section O ring which fitted Ok, someone probably knows the "proper" size. Emulsion tubes are a stupid price for what they are, £17 odd each OE and around £12 aftermarket over here.
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi,all the individual parts that I need are available from GTReiner & no doubt he too does a kit,the choke plungers have worn badly at the tops where the choke arm fingers attach,the thing I'm worried about is how they are sealing at the bottom of their hole ? thanks for the size info of the O ring on the emulsion tube.The last time the carburettors were apart was September 2011 & I try & avoid using Ethanol blended fuels !!
Cheers,
Roger
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Roger,

One tip I was taught re the choke plungers is to take one you will be discarding, and glue a perfect circle of 400 grade wet and dry paper to its tip with superglue. Spray a little light oil into the choke plunger hole and use the plunger as an tool to polish the seat. Its flat and you will see it go shiny. Then you can be sure the new plunger seals well. I keep one of these in my home made special tools bag :-)

Cheers,
Mike
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi Mike,that's a great tip ! I'll get on to this job while I'm waiting for the kits to arrive from Japan ! The last 10 days have been a nightmare with two problems happening at the same time,the non charging issue & the carburettors in need of an overhaul ! I still don't know how I fixed the electrics apart from plugging & unpluging connections,swapping coils,rectifiers & regulators,from a mate's GT550...then going back to my original set up ? I checked the suction again yesterday at the inlet ports & all is good there,so it's just a matter of putting it all back together when carby kits arrive from Japan !
Cheers,
Roger
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
titanx04

Post by titanx04 »

Roger

What kit did you end up going with, I just purchased the Keyster KS0028 $17 each from Melbourne received next day, no to give them a good clean up. Hope that was your issue.
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

titanx04 wrote:Roger

What kit did you end up going with, I just purchased the Keyster KS0028 $17 each from Melbourne received next day, no to give them a good clean up. Hope that was your issue.
Hi,on advice from my Suzuki Spare Parts guy,I've gone with the Cruzin- Image kits,all up cost of $51.dollars. The last time these carbs were apart was September 2011,24,000km ago ! The little rubber O rings have gone hard on the emulsion tubes & the choke plungers are looking a bit worse for wear ! ! Looks like a fuel problem at some stage...I think the fuel has been "attacking" the rubber O rings
Cheers,
Roger
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi,all well, the problem is a carb Diaphram,small tear overlooked by 4 sets of eyes :shock: :oops: all will be ok with new Diaphram boy are they expensive :o
Cheers,
Roger
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Roger Ackery wrote: all will be ok with new Diaphram boy are they expensive :o
Cheers,
Roger
Haha Roger, you're turning Yorkshire! You'll be saying 'Haar Much?!?!' next! :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

:lol: Hi Alan,I've spent about 5 weeks in Leeds with friends 3 years ago...every time I borrowed their car I was reminded to "fill her up" I to know the value of a shilling,my dear old dad was a Cockney :lol: :lol: :roll:
Cheers,
Roger
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.