Left Cylinder !!!

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
Roger Ackery

Re: Left Cylinder !!!

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi,Alan,is your pump housing collecting 2 stroke & dribbling out the little hole ?
Mine was wiped dry last night,but wet again this morning without the motor been run !!
Oil tank level seems ok for the miles traveled,?over 7 days with no use,2 stroke oil was finding its way down the right leg of the centre stand :shock:
I'm thinking of draining gearbox oil & measuring to make sure it's not a crankshaft oil seal problem..after a mere 65,000 kilometres
:(
I'm waiting for the guy who did the crankshaft,engine over 8 years ago to get back to me :( Anybody with any ideas on what's likely the problem ?
Apart from a good thrashing ? :lol:
Attachments
image.jpeg
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Roger Ackery wrote:Anybody with any ideas on what's likely the problem ?
Apart from a good thrashing ? :lol:
I don't think you need one of those Roger, you seemed such a nice chap when you accepted that beer I bought you in 2016 - I've recovered from the trauma of spending money now though!
You can buy me one next year when we 'pop' back, if things go to plan (A! :roll: )
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Alan ,not a problem with the drinks mate :lol: I've just spoken to my mechanic, he suggests checking the left carby for float height adjustment, ignition timing, check all 3 pipes are much the same temperature. I'll also fit a new carby slide that I've had sitting around for awhile,
that left seal can be replaced in situ, but difficult. being careful of cause not to damage the shaft :oops: hopefully I wont have to do this :roll:
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.