Uh oh !

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
teebowbusablaster

Re: Uh oh !

Post by teebowbusablaster »

It was pulling very well indeed, not that I've ridden a kettle before but goes like a good 'un.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Usual symptoms of crank seal fails are very difficult to start and poor running. I'm just not convinced it is that.........Still, If your garage is well respected they should spot if it is a simple problem for you. Good luck. Kev
teebowbusablaster

Thanks. It starts Ok (usually, but can be reluctant) and runs and pulls like a train.

Lets wait and see what the diagnosis is tomorrow. I'll report back.
lairdofsmoke

Post by lairdofsmoke »

[quote="teebowbusablaster"]SO I got the bike up and running, checked the timing (centre was out), and decided to take it for a little 5 mile run.

ON getting back, the whole right hand side of the bike is covered in (gearbox) oil, looking to be coming out of the oil pump housing.

Right I've just reviewed the whole of these threads, so first off you weren't sure how the oil was getting all over the bike. That's because if you look at the picture of your oil pump housing, just above the clutch cover you'll see a small hole, it's appearance is very clean, hence hot oil has exited here and cleaned the area! = Why there's oil all over the the right hand side.
On fragrant cloud
teebowbusablaster

Yup thats where its coming from !
willowden

Post by willowden »

The photo you have shown of the oil pump area looks more like two stroke oil to me than gearbox ?
teebowbusablaster

I'd say it was gearbox oil, the stuff in the 2 stroke tank is pink !
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

teebowbusablaster wrote:Yup thats where its coming from !
Yes, that is how the oil is draining out of the oil pump housing. The big question is.....How is the oil getting IN to the housing area, where/how is it coming out of the crankcase
teebowbusablaster

That is why I asked how does it get from the crankcase into the oil pump housing, and the reply I got told how it gets frothed up (coca cola and a straw) but not how it gets up into the supposedly sealed 2 stroke pump case.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

I can't wait until tomorrow ! Any bets?