Uh oh !

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
lairdofsmoke

Re: Uh oh !

Post by lairdofsmoke »

Here we go again, when you can if not already done so, drain the oil out off the gearbox, it's the 21mm hex one NOT THE 19 ON THE ANGLE that's the detent holder.
See how much oil comes out, it should be approximately 2,200cc, I would suspect by now assuming you haven't topped it up, will be less than 2,000cc of oil more likely 15-18,00cc.
Good luck.
On fragrant cloud
teebowbusablaster

Post by teebowbusablaster »

As the bike is stripped down and on the bench I went in to take a look a the engine this morning. Looking at the frame, I noticed a cable tie, wrapped around the top of the Right hand shock, and wondered if it was there to hold the inner mudguard in place, or something. Oh no, it was there to hold the shock in place, as when we put a spanner on the nut, it fell of (as the glue gave way) to reveal a thread free mounting spigot !
20190320_092411.jpg
lairdofsmoke

Post by lairdofsmoke »

Oh no... Sorry to read that boyo, looks like the guy was a right ' son of a bachelor,', it can be sorted though, should,nt be too expensive to a good man to do.
Don't post his name, but let everyone know the area he comes from in case he tries it on again, at least you can make him look like the see you next Tuesday that he is!
On fragrant cloud
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

:idea: What other stuff are you going to find wrong I wonder :?: Time to go right through this bike & make sure everything is right with it :roll:
Sorry to hear things like this happening :oops:
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
teebowbusablaster

Yes,

They are going to drill it out, weld in a new spigot, and cut the correct thread into it.
Last edited by teebowbusablaster on Fri May 03, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Just weld the shock in place. It'll be in keeping with the other 'upgrades' he p.o. has done and you haven't found.

Yet.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
teebowbusablaster

Aint that the truth. The chain was oversize, and nibbling away at the inside of the cases.....so thats a new chain and sprockets to add to the list.
lairdofsmoke

Post by lairdofsmoke »

Hey guys.

Having read through our friends misfortune yet again, I've had a bit of an idea :tw , how about setting up a regional assessment team, people who really do have the knowledge to assess a bikes validity, it's something I've been doing for many years now, most vendors who have heard
of you love the thought of having a "known Pro" look over the purchase and act as an intermediary, you don't get involved with price just give advice, and when it comes to money changing hands you step back.
I've only been refused access twice in 40 odd years .of doing this, both times the vendors knew of me, one was private and one was a shop! If I get refused access to view then that means only one thing.... The items DODGY! Walk away.

So come on lads who's up for it, our forum masters will have to put up a special site for it, but hey whats piece of mind worth, but remember we're not infallible.
On fragrant cloud
barney01

Post by barney01 »

I think this has already come up here is the relevant post :D
http://www.kettleclinic.co.uk/kcforum/v ... 740#p90740
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
lairdofsmoke

Post by lairdofsmoke »

Can only find it by clicking onto your post matey, so why isn't something as serious as this posted in a more prominent place,like in the main headeds, where it needs to be.
On fragrant cloud