Synchronising carbs

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
Tim62

Synchronising carbs

Post by Tim62 »

Hi all, is there a 'best way' to synchronise the carbs on a GT750M. I have just rebuilt mine, it starts well but doesn't appear to be running as well as it could.
Alan H

Re: Synchronising carbs

Post by Alan H »

Send 'em to Baz and he'll do it. Or wait til the weather gets better and ride it there.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Kettletimes3

Post by Kettletimes3 »

You say you have rebuilt them,Using what, new jets needles or just a clean.
Steve72J

Post by Steve72J »

Just finished a tune up with new points, plugs, and condensers.

I've done the single cylinder method before and it worked really good. ie: pull all but one spark plug wire and start the bike, run up the idle till it runs without stalling, adjust the pilot needle for smoothest run, set idle at 1000. Go to the next cylinder and repeat. When done with all three cylinders, start the bike and reduce the idle back down to 1000 by adjusting each idle screw evenly.

Haven't did this yet on the last tune up but used a 15/64" ( 5.9531 mm) drill bit shank as a feeler gauge to set a initial idle. The bike cranked up to 1400 on the first start up and I adjust it down evenly to 1000. Runs great but will probably still do the single method later as the pilot adjustments were not to responsive when running on all 3 cylinders.
BAZ

Post by BAZ »