GT750 clutch plates

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
klektermaniac

GT750 clutch plates

Post by klektermaniac »

Hello All,
I think I will have to replace the clutch plates on my 750J.
The bonding is hard and cracking on the plates, and the steel plates are very rough as it has all been sitting in a mixture of oil and water for 20+ years!
Are the ones advertised on ebay at BrooksBarn, Biker-fix, etc any good, or do I have to dig deep and go for genuine Suzuki?

RogerH.
teazer

Re: GT750 clutch plates

Post by teazer »

Anything would be an improvement over a set of old OEM J model plates. I have a few motors and clutches in stock to pull parts from but I drag race with stock plates and springs and so far the clutch has not been an issue. At over 100hp, it might be but I'm not there yet. A GT750 makes less power than say an RZ350 or RGV250 if it comes to that and doesn't create a high load on the clutch.

Will a particular ebay set work? I haven't had to try one, but in your place, that's what I would get.
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Hi, have fitted EBC, clutch plates into a couple of Kettles in the past with no problems at all.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
klektermaniac

Post by klektermaniac »

Thanks for the advice - I will order the EBC plates from ebay.
RogerH
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Just an after thought, don't forget to soak the new cork plates in some engine oil before use.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..