CCI Check Valve Failure

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
RichardsMorphy

CCI Check Valve Failure

Post by RichardsMorphy »

There was a guy on FB the other day that was having probs with his Suzuki A100 and it turned out his oil line check valve was blocked. On his bike, rather than the check valve being inside the oil line, it was inside the banjo bolt. Whats the chances of being able to use this banjo bolt on the GT750 if the original check valve has stuck open? Anyone looked at this already?
A100checkvalve.jpg
Drew. '75 GT750M
barney01

Re: CCI Check Valve Failure

Post by barney01 »

The suzuki gt check valve is specifically for the model range and has a particular 'crack pressure'.IMHO I would be very careful with trying anything else as it may feed too much or worse not enough oil. You can use Kawasaki ones as these have been tested and are very similar spec and are still available.
https://www.cmsnl.com/products/valve-ch ... 2rd68so80N
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
RichardsMorphy

Post by RichardsMorphy »

My spider is Ok but I've seen quite a few posts from people having problems with stuck-open check valves. Repairs seem to have their own problems and replacement spiders in good condition are hard to come by so I thought it may be a way out. I didn't think about the pressure being different and the possibility of it not being enough to open the valve..... but if you're stuck with a bust spider, maybe you could just stick the banjo on and try it while disconnected, you'd soon see if any oil is coming out?
Drew. '75 GT750M
RichardsMorphy

Post by RichardsMorphy »

Of course, there's a chance the banjo check valve is just as rare or expensive as a replacement spider :D
Drew. '75 GT750M
barney01

Post by barney01 »

There have been many bad reports on the ebay valves. I have not yet seen any untoward reports on the Genuine Kawasaki ones yet. You can also buy repair kits for valves now.
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/VS16820-31013- ... cvip-panel
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
teazer

Post by teazer »

Warning: Those German sourced parts are very nice B U T, they are small and vanish into the bowels of any workshop. I bought a set for my next project and they have vanished into thin air.

I have over a dozen oil pumps in stock all bagged and tagged along with all related parts in special containers and those bloody bits still vanished. maybe teh mice took them before our new cat got the mice..... :shock:
RichardsMorphy

Post by RichardsMorphy »

teazer....you need to scoop up all the fresh air and run it through a sieve ;)
Drew. '75 GT750M
teazer

Post by teazer »

:lol: