GT750 B tank rubbers - (OO-er Mother!!)

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
Alan H

GT750 B tank rubbers - (OO-er Mother!!)

Post by Alan H »

Ages ago I noticed that the Hippo tank 'wobbled' a bit and tended to look a bit left hand side-ish. I never bothered to really have a proper look, but it's gone further over and the right hand side front locating rubber (no, not that one Kev - the ones the tank pushes on to near the steering head) now doesn't 'quite' locate into the tank bracket (the 'U' shaped ones at the front of the tank).
So I measured the tank 'slot' that goes over the frame and it's about 4 1/4" wide. A similar tank on an A is about 3 3/4" wide so does the B tank need wider rubber stoppers 09329-10009 or cushions 09329-10007?
Is the A tank 44110-31660-797 so different to the B tank 44110-31680-019?

Or what other differences are there? Image

I'll go in the garage now and make some thicker rubbers to fit until I find out. Image

If I ever find that slinty eyed twonk who did that design mod, I'll set Lynn on him - and that's REALLY scary Image
Last edited by Alan H on Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Roger Ackery

Re: GT750 B tak rubbers - (OO-er Mother!!)

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi Alan,Alpha Sporrs Suzuki only list the one number for both the A & B tanks rubbera
Where did you get the other part number for the B ?
I replaced mine not long ago,along with the rear one,still wobbles but a lot less than it did ;)
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Alan H wrote:Ages ago I noticed that the Hippo tank 'wobbled' a bit and tended to look a bit left hand side-ish. I never bothered to really have a proper look, but it's gone further over and the right hand side front locating rubber (no, not that one Kev - the ones the tank pushes on to near the steering head) now doesn't 'quite' locate into the tank bracket (the 'U' shaped ones at the front of the tank).
So I measured the tank 'slot' that goes over the frame and it's about 4 1/4" wide. A similar tank on an A is about 3 3/4" wide so does the B tank need wider rubber stoppers 09329-10009 or cushions 09329-10007?

I'll go in the garage now and make some thicker rubbers to fit until I find out. Image

If I ever fing that slinty eyed twonk who did that design mod, I'll set Lynn on him - and that's REALLY scary Image
I experienced a similar problem with mine and solved it by.......wait for it....... Pushing the tank sides together until the gap was right. It will move, believe it or not :o
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Roger Ackery wrote:Hi Alan,Alpha Sporrs Suzuki only list the one number for both the A & B tanks rubbera
Where did you get the other part number for the B ?
Alpha Sports Roger. Different details for A & B I reckon. Look at the pictures and it's picture numbers 36 and 38 - 'stopper' and 'cushion'.
canaletto5

Re: GT750 B tank rubbers - (OO-er Mother!!)

Post by canaletto5 »

Alan H wrote:Ages ago I noticed that the Hippo tank 'wobbled' a bit and tended to look a bit left hand side-ish. I never bothered to really have a proper look, but it's gone further over and the right hand side front locating rubber (no, not that one Kev - the ones the tank pushes on to near the steering head) now doesn't 'quite' locate into the tank bracket (the 'U' shaped ones at the front of the tank).

If I ever find that slinty eyed twonk who did that design mod, I'll set Lynn on him - and that's REALLY scary Image
PS: the stopper part number 09329-10009 is the rubber cap that goes over the radiator mounting bolt head
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Chers bud. That's as clear as mud on the exoded diagram. Looks like I just have a 'wide' tank then. Out with the extra bits of rubber then!
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:Chers bud. That's as clear as mud on the exoded diagram. Looks like I just have a 'wide' tank then. Out with the extra bits of rubber then!
Just do as uncle Kev says and squeeze the bugger in a bit :roll:
I did it on both my 750J and T500
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

No. Plan 'F' instead.Image