GT550 Indicator fault

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
theredbaron

GT550 Indicator fault

Post by theredbaron »

Hi Everyone, this is my first post so "new boy" treat me gentle. any way I have just purchased a 1974 which is 99% restored by the previous owner of 25 years, however he some how managed to develop an indicator fault while working on the headlight shell. the front indicators flash very dull almost invisible and together with engine off once started and as revs are increased the one turned on gets brighter. I have given the wiring the once over with the diagram and can find nothing obvious, any suggestions .

Ray
The fun is in how you get there :D

1974 GT550
2017 Royal Enfield Himalayan
2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor
1952 Universal 580
canaletto5

Re: GT550 Indicator fault

Post by canaletto5 »

Hi Ray

Welcome to the forum.

Check the obvious first. Are the front indicators properly earthed? They won't pick up an earth through the brackets because of the rubber cushions so need to be connected to the black/white earth wires in the shell via the black/white tails soldered to the metal mountings that go inside each of the rubber cushions

Kev
es2GT550

Post by es2GT550 »

Exactly as Kev says - run a separate earth to somewhere else as a temporary meansure to test
shunter

Post by shunter »

I had a similar fault and it was a bad earth do as suggested it should solve your problem.