Clutch cover removal

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
999homer

Clutch cover removal

Post by 999homer »

My clutch cover on my A model will not come off and I don,t want to damage it all the screws are out any tips
BAZ

Re: Clutch cover removal

Post by BAZ »

Make sure all the screws are out! you can put something in the oil filler to help and mole grips on the flat surface behind the adjustment cover.
teazer

Post by teazer »

Did you remove the small round inspection cover first, and then remove both nuts on the clutch pull rod? If not, the cover will not come off.

You can apply a soft faced hammer (aka rubber mallet) to the top of the case to crack it loose but not a regular steel headed hammer obviously.
999homer

Post by 999homer »

Do not remember taking off the 2 nuts to take of the casing think this comes off complete and the clutch is then ther with the push rod sticking out the end of it ?????????
teazer

Post by teazer »

Not exactly. The clutch rod is very different to the average push rod design. It's pulled from the lever under that small round inspection cover and the two nuts prevent the cover from being removed.

Hold the shaft with a flat blade screwdriver - do not use mole grips to stop it from rotating.
999homer

Post by 999homer »

Got it now I remember haven’t done a clutch for years
Ta all