Uh oh !

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
yeadon_m

Re: Uh oh !

Post by yeadon_m »

Hi Terry,
I used to post here most days, but then one of my internal organs decided to stop working and once the docs had fixed that, they’d left me plumbed for so many weeks, I caught infection and infection which nearly killed me. Once the fire was properly out, I developed permanent, chronic moderate to severe pain, requiring opiates (morphine) type drugs to take the worst away.
Now I’m as sorted as I can be, I’m only just getting back to the workshop. I’m so sorry you’ve had this multiple fault-ridden machine. But as others have said, you can beat it if you want to. It just takes £££ and a certain stubbornness!
I had my minor gremlins with my Kettle but I did about 46 miles on it a week ago. Considering my personal history, I felt like one of those metal bottom riders?
I decided anyway not to bring the Kettle to the rally, even though it’s running brilliantly. That’s because the rally thing is intimidating enough without bringing a 41 year old bike. I hope my friends won’t mind if I bring my blue monster, the GSX1400 which to date has not let me down. Just changing its oil. Put in its first new battery, the original was 12.5 years old!
Hope to see you at the rally. I can bore you with the agonies of dodgy GT550B ownership. Alan knows all about that!
Chaps - see you all next week!
Mike
teebowbusablaster

Post by teebowbusablaster »

Look forward to putting a few faces to names.
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Mike it's good to hear from you :D your valued input is sorely missed. Great to hear you are on the mend of sorts.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Looking forward to meeting up again at the Rally Dude.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

yeadon_m wrote:I can bore you with the agonies of dodgy GT550B ownership. Alan knows all about that!
Why Mike, do you want shut? :roll:

So long as you turn up with a Suzuki, it's fine by me my friend. (Pity it isn't Joanna's middle name.) ;)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated