GT750 Clutch cable replacement

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
bobhenry999

GT750 Clutch cable replacement

Post by bobhenry999 »

Guys,

Went out for a ride this evening to enjoy the last of the summer weather and my clutch cable snapped on the way home.
I have ordered a new one, but was just wondering if there are any particular issues or tips that I should know about when fitting the cable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob
Roger Ackery

Re: GT750 Clutch cable replacement

Post by Roger Ackery »

;) Hi, the only tip I can give is only use OEM
Suzuki part, as I've had trouble in the past with after market cable breaking after a very short period. Also make sure the cable has a nice smooth path to follow,with no tight bends in it :idea:
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

+1 on what Roger said and, I always give a good coating of silicone grease on the nipple at the lever end, much better than oil or ordinary grease because it lasts and doesn't dry out. I also have a rubber cover over the lever joint, keeps any dust, bugs and the weather out. HTH. Steve.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
bobhenry999

Post by bobhenry999 »

Thanks guys,

Much appreciated.

Bob
slosher

Post by slosher »

Before you fit the new cable Bob always a good tip to oil the inner.
Using plasticine form a funnel around the end of the cable with the nipple sticking proud holding the cable straight in a vice,fill the funnel with a little engine oil and leave overnight so the oil drips through and place a small drip tray on the floor. ;)
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)