GT750 Oil pump line "Gaskets" ??? Battery?

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
Skyguyz

GT750 Oil pump line "Gaskets" ??? Battery?

Post by Skyguyz »

1- Which Lithium Ion battery is best suited for the Suzuki GT750?

2- I have the "Gaskets", (*read: Aluminum washers) OEM Part # GASKET 09168-06004 SGP. They differ from what is on the oil lines, (Those plastic-ish washers.) The bike did not leak when I ran it for a brief period before the teardown and wanting to replace every seal, gasket on my rebuild it struck as odd that the OEM / SGP replacement parts are aluminum vs the plastic-ish ones on the oil lines now. Note: I have used and currently have aluminum washers (One time use) on my Kawasaki H1 oil pump & lines and have used them on my Kawasaki H2 oil pump and lines with no issues / leaks.

*I hooked up the lines with the plastic-ish washers and primed the lines with two stroke oil using a pressure syringe and no leaks.

So the question is twofold.

1-Did Suzuki upgrade this part to aluminum & I don't know about it?

2- would you re-use the plastic-ish washers or go with the aluminum.

Old plastic-ish washers/gaskets installed, no leaks.

OEM / SGP waters / gaskets that I ordered:

slosher

Re: GT750 Oil pump line "Gaskets" ??? Battery?

Post by slosher »

Skyguyz wrote:1- Which Lithium Ion battery is best suited for the Suzuki GT750?

Hi Sky best battery by far i have found is Motobatt use them on all my bikes(not for the purist though there bright yellow) :D
Local bike shop seems to be offering aluminium washers seems to be the Japanese option now using them on the Bonnie with no issues (and yes it does have oil in it)before you lot say pipe up :lol: Suppose it's your choice mate.

PS fantastic job on the refurb mate ;)
Cheers Dave
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
barney01

Post by barney01 »

I'm no expert but the motobatt (which I have on both my bikes) is a fibre mat battery not a lithium ion battery. I have heard it's not that practical to fit the lithium as they are prone to destroy themselves if overcharged even catch fire. The Motobatt is good for these old bikes as the are more powerful when starting from cold. You just have to make sure they don't get below 25% charge or they are scrap.
IMHO the aluminium washers are just as good as the plastic and seal well. They can be used over and over again too
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Skyguyz

Post by Skyguyz »

slosher wrote:
Skyguyz wrote:1- Which Lithium Ion battery is best suited for the Suzuki GT750?

Hi Sky best battery by far i have found is Motobatt use them on all my bikes(not for the purist though there bright yellow) :D
Local bike shop seems to be offering aluminium washers seems to be the Japanese option now using them on the Bonnie with no issues (and yes it does have oil in it)before you lot say pipe up :lol: Suppose it's your choice mate.

PS fantastic job on the refurb mate ;)
Cheers Dave

Thanks for the info mate! I'll def look into the Motobatt. It will have oil in it fully before it gets the initial light off.
Skyguyz

Post by Skyguyz »

barney01 wrote:I'm no expert but the motobatt (which I have on both my bikes) is a fibre mat battery not a lithium ion battery. I have heard it's not that practical to fit the lithium as they are prone to destroy themselves if overcharged even catch fire. The Motobatt is good for these old bikes as the are more powerful when starting from cold. You just have to make sure they don't get below 25% charge or they are scrap.
IMHO the aluminium washers are just as good as the plastic and seal well. They can be used over and over again too
Barney,

I have had very little issues with the LI batts but the Motobatt seems worth looking into. And thanks for the tip on the logo below 25% charge.

PS: I keep proper batt tenders on all 8 bikes!

* My proper resto-mod very British Norton....Again!:

stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Sky, I've had a Motobatt "yellow brick" battery on the kettle for the last three years and in the 32 years I've owned FAB she's never started better, even in the depths of a British winter it fires up on the button after a couple of prods from cold. After years of regularly replacing Yuasa type lead acid batteries and finding it better to kick start from cold, and finding them failing after about three years, the move to Motobatt was a revelation. I do keep both my kettle and my 92 GSX1100G on Motobatt "Baby Boy" trickle chargers too, which probably helps. I bought both Motobatts off ebay UK for about £65 each and the trickle chargers at the same time (look for a deal) for about £20 each. HTH.
Steve.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

That sir is a thing of beauty 8-)
Attachments
F14467CE-2D7F-4F4A-A1BC-DBD452F500C7.jpeg
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Skyguyz

Post by Skyguyz »

stevewharton wrote:Hi Sky, I've had a Motobatt "yellow brick" battery on the kettle for the last three years and in the 32 years I've owned FAB she's never started better, even in the depths of a British winter it fires up on the button after a couple of prods from cold. After years of regularly replacing Yuasa type lead acid batteries and finding it better to kick start from cold, and finding them failing after about three years, the move to Motobatt was a revelation. I do keep both my kettle and my 92 GSX1100G on Motobatt "Baby Boy" trickle chargers too, which probably helps. I bought both Motobatts off ebay UK for about £65 each and the trickle chargers at the same time (look for a deal) for about £20 each. HTH.
Steve.

Steve,

Your info on the motobatt put me over the top as far a s battery choices are concerned. I am on it and will get the proper size for my 75 Kettle.

The trickle charge is a must for having multiple bikes.

Thanks again for the info!

Sky

[img][img]https://i.imgur.com/Vz8HFJyl.jpg[/img][/img]
Skyguyz

Post by Skyguyz »

Skyguyz wrote:
stevewharton wrote:Hi Sky, I've had a Motobatt "yellow brick" battery on the kettle for the last three years and in the 32 years I've owned FAB she's never started better, even in the depths of a British winter it fires up on the button after a couple of prods from cold. After years of regularly replacing Yuasa type lead acid batteries and finding it better to kick start from cold, and finding them failing after about three years, the move to Motobatt was a revelation. I do keep both my kettle and my 92 GSX1100G on Motobatt "Baby Boy" trickle chargers too, which probably helps. I bought both Motobatts off ebay UK for about £65 each and the trickle chargers at the same time (look for a deal) for about £20 each. HTH.
Steve.

Steve,

Your info on the motobatt put me over the top as far a s battery choices are concerned. I am on it and will get the proper size for my 75 Kettle.

The trickle charge is a must for having multiple bikes.

Thanks again for the info!

Sky

Skyguyz

Post by Skyguyz »

PaulD738 wrote:That sir is a thing of beauty 8-)
Paul,

Out of all the bikes I have owned the 74 Norton still remains my fav. The Kettle will be very nice but the 74 Norton will always have a special feeling.

Thanks for the nice words!

Sky