Clutch problem

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
999homer

Clutch problem

Post by 999homer »

Was out riding the weekend on my Suzuki gt750A on Gary Cobb (Cobby) memorial run out, pulled the clutch lever and felt like cable had snapped ,but had not.
Took off outer cover and when pull cable adjusted right up actuator arm moves but no clutch. so took off main side cover and can see no problems.
Did replace clutch plates and springs a few 100 miles ago as well as all bearings and it was fine.
Any ideas as need to fix before this Sunday for the Port Solent(Portsmouth) mag show as we have a bit of a kettle get together.
Will try to get hold of Bob Clark on the IOW in the meantime see if he has any ideas.
stevewharton

Re: Clutch problem

Post by stevewharton »

Can't think what could've happened without seeing the bike, perhaps a look at a Haynes manual might help, or you could try contacting Baz Wilkes, he'll definitely know what's gone wrong.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
teazer

Re: Clutch problem

Post by teazer »

Could be a number of things, but I would start with the two nuts under the inspection/adjustment cover and see if the flat steel actuating arm is moving the shaft as it rotates.

If that seems OK, I would remove the nuts and arm and outer cover and check the pull rod and pressure plate to see what they look like.

All that assumes that the cable is still in one piece and didn't snap internally.