GT750"L" SRIS valve feeds

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
slosher

GT750"L" SRIS valve feeds

Post by slosher »

I have a right pot that smokes heavy on start up,with Allspeed spannies on and fairly sure it's SRIS valve related to that pot,so my question is which valve is throwing the scavenged oil into this barrel.Other than that the bike runs fine and clears of smoke after a few miles running but is like London during the 1950's on start up.

Cheers Dave
Last edited by slosher on Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
barney01

Re: GT750"L" SRIS valve feeds

Post by barney01 »

Dave
Two different systems early and late. Look at photo.
Attachments
SRIS.jpg
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
slosher

Post by slosher »

Cheers Barney so reading into that i am assuming that it is the check valve that appears to be faulty on the bottom of the left pot causing the problem with the right pot :?
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Seems it may be. I would deffo remove and clean/check all three if it were me though :D
I just wash them in petrol. You can test the action of the valve by sticking the thin bit in your gob and sucking gently. It should open and shut the valve. :lol:
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
teazer

Post by teazer »

The SRIS valve is probably doing what it's supposed to do - moving surplus oil to another cylinder. The question is why is there too much oil in that one cylinder and the answer may be a leaking oil pump feed check valve or perhaps it's sucking in transmission oil.
slosher

Post by slosher »

Hi teazer yes some logic in what you say reading into barney's attachment it appears that the SRIS system works in conjunction with the oil feed side,i'm sure it's not gearbox oil the level stops pretty constant between oil changes and the smell is definitely 2 stroke oil :) I'm thinking if the SRIS check valve is not shutting off so therefore allowing oil through with a constant flow into that pot.
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
barney01

Post by barney01 »

To test the valves remove the spider from the bike. Fill the feed pipes with oil using syringe or oil can squirter then hang them up overnight valves downwards. If any air in any pipe in morning the valve if not sealing.
The valves on the end of the oil pipes have two functions. When the pump rotates oil is pushed down the line this pushes a ball bearing onto the spring which allows oil to flow. When the engine stops,the spring pushes the BB back sealing the valve stopping oil flow. The valve seat can wear over time as the valve opens and shuts thousands of times and also the spring may become weak.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE