Exhaust problem.

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
stevewharton

Exhaust problem.

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Guys, I've got a small leak on the nearside large exhaust on my kettle, it's on the top a couple of inches in front of the gearchange lever. It looks like it might be a rivet? that's worked loose and it's blowing black exhaust oil along the pipe each time I go for a ride and spoiling my otherwise spotlessly clean bike :roll: I wondered has anyone else experienced this and is there a permanent cure, ie solder? I've tried a small repair with metal filler with a small dab of silver paint over it, but it's still blowing, any suggestions?
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
malky

Re: Exhaust problem.

Post by malky »

I used araldite on one of mine as a temporary repair twenty years ago and needless to say it's still there and no sign of a blow :D
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Malky, the product I used is called Epox-a-leak and it's supposed to be the dogs doodahs. Perhaps I need to clean the leak a bit better and try again over a slightly bigger area. I just wondered whether a solder type repair is possible without causing any damage to the chrome.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Gary66

Post by Gary66 »

What about a small rubber grommet?
twostrokeheaven

Post by twostrokeheaven »

Or at worst and a little radical I have used a small self tapper before and stuck in with araldite that worked a treat, maybe not the cosmetic answer but does work
GT750J Lavender Pink 1972 :D
Fs1E baja brown speedblock 1976 :D
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Hope it was a genuine Suzuki screw and not after market, or the thought police will get you!! :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated