Unreliable old Suzukis.

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
Alan H

Re: Unreliable old Suzukis.

Post by Alan H »

Proper names and designators should have a capital letter as well Steve. As usual you're only half way there, so in future, please use a capital on my new designator - Professor - as well. Ta.

Mr. Cantaloup's aphostrophe is just fine where it is btw.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Alan H wrote:Ok Mr. Cadelabra.
But is there any truth in the rumour that the reason Boris's jet is costing so much to repaint, is because they have to crane it into your back garden?
No, it was the extra glitter he asked for :lol:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:Proper names and designators should have a capital letter as well Steve. As usual you're only half way there, so in future, please use a capital on my new designator - Professor - as well. Ta.
I put a small "p" because I know it would annoy you. :lol:
Alan H wrote: Mr. Cantaloup's aphostrophe is just fine where it is btw.
Nope, it should be on the end. :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
bigrocketrider

Post by bigrocketrider »

I sometimes think "sell the bloody lot and just buy a nice new one" again. Then I remember how much money I lost on the nice new one. I think most of us probably have classics as a bit of fun and take them out for the odd blast every now and again. Im always tinkering with them but then that's the fun of it all ....I think!!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

bigrocketrider wrote: Im always tinkering with them but then that's the fun of it all ....I think!!
Keep telling yourself that - it helps alleviate the pain - usually! ;)
xr738

Post by xr738 »

Although I am newbie to this forum I have now over 40 years of old bike madness behind me.

By now I think tinkering is more or less all the fun thats left. Being in todays traffic and its regulations ain't no fun anymore. Even todays bikers are a very different lot.
So tinkering it is. Keep my head up high and go back to my personal loony bin which was originally a garage for cars and is now place for bikes no longer loved by the general public.

Btw: I am cobsmacked by the asking prices for kettles in the small ads.

Mario aka Foxkilo
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Welcome to the forum and let’s see if we can change your mind about tinkering being the only fun you can have on a bike. What part of the world are you from?
xr738

Post by xr738 »

Let me introduce myself. I am Mario from Germany. Me and the wife have a kettle each in running condition and in addition to it at least another one in parts. To it comes a T350 still in bits since i bought it in 1990. Plus an oddball a Velocette LE. Mine is basicly a "M" model with parts from different others thrown in and the wife's a "B" model. Still playing with the idea bringing mine back to factory specs, mind you all the parts are there and a second one to specs which differ from the original but would improve riding and safety i.e. brakes, swingarm, shocks etc.

Otherwise I'm looking forward to retirement. I have decided to call it a day when I turn 65 and that will be in 1 1/2 years time.

Other pastime activities are reading, diving and music in no particular order.

Mario
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the introduction and you may have made a friend as our GT550 expert (Alan H) is into diving.

Dives into every thing :lol:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Hi Mario, welcome to the asylum!
As Mizzy says, I'm a scuba diver of over 30 years experience and actually worked for Aerzen Maschinenfabrik fo the last 6 years of my working life, so quite a bit in common. Never managed to properly visit Germany though but hope to do a Rhine cruise next year.