Two piece head 750,s

lairdofsmoke

Two piece head 750,s

Post by lairdofsmoke »

Right you lot, how many of you GT750 K owners out there have a two piece head model.
We don't seem to see anything about them anywhere these day's I used to know of 3 in the UK Years ago but have lost touch with Thier owners, one I knew of is no longer with us sadley, don't know what happened to his bike, other than to say it was the "yukkie" green one.
One other I knew of was a mate in the Wasserbuffel club, again the late Thomas Whalle his was the gorgeous red one, he snaffled that from the USA before I could.

Please note the one in the photo is NOT a split head, its just an example of what the rest of the bike looked like, and the one I was chasing. Before Thomas got his mitts on it first, he also snaffled the only Barton road bike in red that ever came on the market, I've got a photo of that somewhere, have to see if I can dig it out.
Attachments
IMG_20190311_141933~3.jpg
Last edited by lairdofsmoke on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On fragrant cloud
slosher

Re: Two piece head 750,s

Post by slosher »

Me :D Also known as Split heads there is a nice untouched one in Aldridge

Cheers Dave
Last edited by slosher on Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

:tw Hi,a guy I use to know here in Sydney,now past on :cry: had lots of Kettles in various states of repair..had a Kettle Split head in his work shop,never fitted to a going bike though.Does anyone know how much extra coolant was added to the system :?: :idea: Suzuki must have thought some Country"s may have a hot climate that needed a greater cooling capacity :?:
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
lairdofsmoke

Post by lairdofsmoke »

Right feller's.
This could we'll turn into an interesting topic, let's put the word out and try and find out how many there are out there, and get some piccies in.

Will look forward to to hearing about what theories people have, ive just been in contact with Ian Sandy in Canada, and he can't throw any light as such on this.

GO FOR IT GANG!
On fragrant cloud
BATTS

Post by BATTS »

Apparently officially they were Japanese domestic market only. Ian Sandy has a technical write up on his OJB site.

https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/GT750_ ... e/page-A56
Chris
76 GT750, 78 GT550, BMW K1600gtl