T and GT Resources web site updates

PaulD738

Re: T and GT Resources web site updates

Post by PaulD738 »

Brilliant work Ian thank you, is that the pic of the Shake a tail Suzy record I sent you?
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
oldjapanesebikes

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

PaulD738 wrote:Brilliant work Ian thank you, is that the pic of the Shake a tail Suzy record I sent you?
You know - it may have been. In my defence, I was sent that by a couple of different folks plus I found a few more on line, but I'll change one of them to credit you. Thanks for flagging it. You should see the change in the morning !

8-)
==================================
Ian
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Ian,
Nice work, I did notice a few of the changes!
Of minor interest, I must have an early model clutch cover on my GT750A as I have a threaded filler cap hole. I recall replacing the original one, which was the push-in type, when I restored it as the corrosion was too bad to get it gleaming.
Also, I may have noticed another variant on the clutch cover itself. My earlier model replacement had a notch (a cast cut-out) in the lower section which would have allowed any oil splashed to have drained out from the resulting hole between clutch cover and cap. There is no question that the notch was original. As the cover which was being replaced was not notched I filled the notch with chemical metal and had forgotten all about it for the last 7 years :-)
Cheers,
Mike
'new' meant the one I was fitting (an early model cover) and 'old' probably was the OE GT750A part
Attachments
Clutch cover old (Large).jpg
Clutch cover new (Large).jpg
oldjapanesebikes

I've uploaded a refresh of the T/GT500 material which can be found at this link. As per usual I had help from a number of people and they are listed in the credits section.

I would like to get a selection of left side cover photos of T and GT500's that I do not already have - if you own one of these bikes and want to see your name in print, then just email me directly and I'll add them in at this link. And before someone asks - yes I know there are loads of examples on the web which I could just 'borrow', but I like to try and give proper credit for the the photo whenever possible.

I do have much more T500 material still to be added - but I also have my GT750 J to finish, plus the sidecar on my Nimbus needs some repair and so I'm switching back to work on those for the next while. :shock:

Enjoy ! 8-)
Ian
oldjapanesebikes

Today I added a few more manuals (they can be found at this link) :
  • - the GT185 L parts manual covering the General Export model, and includes the UK, France, Germany, Sweden etc.versions
  • - the T350 J owner's manual
  • - the GT380 M owners manual
  • - the RE5 A owners manual
  • - the RE5 M owners manual pages that differ from the A, so this is really just the photos of the parts of the bike that changed
That brings me up to 55 manuals on line now, plus loads of other material. Enjoy ! 8-)
Ian
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

;) Hi Ian, "where do you find the time" :!: :P All the work you do with the "Field Guides" & other projects is just amazing....not to mention your own restorations :P Thanks for your efforts on providing such knowledge ;)
Cheers,
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

+1 on what Roger said, brilliant work Ian
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
oldjapanesebikes

Roger Ackery wrote:;) Hi Ian, "where do you find the time" :!: :
Long winters help a lot ! 8-)
Ian