Shock absorber decal

canaletto5

Re: Shock absorber decal

Post by canaletto5 »

This guy does decent quality and about a third of the price of others, it includes the decal for the shock.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-GT750- ... SwyQtVuOST

I wonder if he does black and silver number plates for that correct period look. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
mick 63

Post by mick 63 »

His name is Piki I have bought decals from him before good quality and fast delivery ;) cheers Mick.
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

Close up... :D
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-11-03-09-32-38.png
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

oldjapanesebikes

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Roger Ackery wrote:HI,Ian,think I've only seen that decal on Honda shocks,for me having the old girl behave around corners anyway,was to fit Ikons ;)
Agreed - the original shocks give real meaning to getting a wiggle on ! :D

For me it's more a curiosity thing than anything else - the label on the top shock cover is available all over the place - with and without corrected spelling ! :D However, I have seen a number of original shocks with an oval 'Showa' decal below the lower spring collar near the bottom mount fitting, and I was wondering whether that was 'original', original for some years only, or something that was on Suzuki supplied replacements back in the day. The photo below was the only one I have handy, and it has bleached badly. 8-)

==================================
Ian
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com
verminator

Post by verminator »

Mick63, Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to see. Thank you.
For the few not so helpful comments, I agree it is a bit anal, and I certainly wouldn't be sad enough to mention it down the pub, as I would get the p..s ripped out of me, but getting the bike as close as I can remember them being when we were riding them new has just made restoring it a bit more interesting that's all. And yes I agree, Hagons are good shocks, I have put a new set on my old NON STANDARD FXR cause it rides better. Also got a set of Showa shocks on a bike as well, and no, that's not standard either! Gota go, have just got the urge to stroke my beard :lol:
verminator

Post by verminator »

Thanks Kettle boy, that is the same as the one I bought. It came from Spain, only £4.00 & no postage.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

verminator wrote:For the few not so helpful comments, I agree it is a bit anal, and I certainly wouldn't be sad enough to mention it down the pub, as I would get the p..s ripped out of me, but getting the bike as close as I can remember them being when we were riding them new has just made restoring it a bit more interesting that's all. And yes I agree, Hagons are good shocks, I have put a new set on my old NON STANDARD FXR cause it rides better. Also got a set of Showa shocks on a bike as well, and no, that's not standard either! Gota go, have just got the urge to stroke my beard :lol:
Bloody hell, It's Jeremiah Corbyn!!! :lol:

But I was being helpful, fit some Hagons. Better handling and no daft, misspelled stickers that will cost you MONEY!!!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »