Blue or Black??

Alan H

Re: Blue or Black??

Post by Alan H »

Hot day? When was that?
But unless you're stuck for say 15 minutes in hot standing traffic, there shouldn't be a problem - unless you're a throttle blipper. Let it tick over, or just filter.......
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
warehouse1001

Post by warehouse1001 »

barney01 wrote:So why did Kwaks melt the middle piston regularly then but not Suzuki?
In reality, that is a myth. Have ridden them since the early 70's and know many others that have as well. Seen lots of seized pistons, but never a problem unique to the center cylinder. And that typically was fom running out of oil or running too lean.
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

warehouse1001 wrote:
barney01 wrote:So why did Kwaks melt the middle piston regularly then but not Suzuki?
In reality, that is a myth. Have ridden them since the early 70's and know many others that have as well. Seen lots of seized pistons, but never a problem unique to the center cylinder. And that typically was fom running out of oil or running too lean.
Exactly! and one major problem with the Kawa triples was the type of owner they attracted :roll: a friend of mine (yes Alan I do have one) has owned his H1 from it being six months old, it's the first model white one with the electronic ignition that was supposed to interfere with TV sets? That bike is still on its original piston & bores and has done 45000 miles with no problem apart from the odd fouled plug. Apart from normal routine maintenance it's never had a spanner laid on it. A superb bike that goes like stink and with modern tyres and shocks on it even handles quite well.
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

45000 miles on a quack? Just think, he could've been a miilonaire with what he's spent on petrol.....
RichM17366

Post by RichM17366 »

Hi,
I am a newbie - what a brilliant video
Waterbuffalo
Location: Mostly Barbados, often Florida and ocassionally western Canada; trust me,I get around.

Post by Waterbuffalo »

I simply removed these original crossed Q badges and restored them. They had some dings and dents on them, and I got a few of them out but the thin aluminum stretches easily so you have to be careful.
GT750 emblems 1.JPG
As they were on the bike when I bought it
GT750 emblems 4.JPG
Cleaned of the old green 'whatever that was'
GT750 emblems 9.JPG
Ready to go back on
Two strokes, its just that simple.
philshort7390

Post by philshort7390 »

Nicely done. All the ones I've taken off were in a much worse state to start, but I've kept them just in case. I might have a crack at restoring them one day.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

You're better with the stronger aluminium ones Allan. Don't bother with that pirate stuff with only one 'i' .
Waterbuffalo
Location: Mostly Barbados, often Florida and ocassionally western Canada; trust me,I get around.

Post by Waterbuffalo »

You must be home as I called earlier and you were out at your favourite water hole Mr H
Two strokes, its just that simple.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Free wifi in the pub my friend. Just tried but you're out!