Good job there's a lekky start

You can chat about anything you like here
Alan H

Good job there's a lekky start

Post by Alan H »

Cos I'm having me knee done today - arthroscopy - on the right leg.
Had t'other done a few years ago, so hopefully all should be ok in a few days.And no, I don't want to practice on your T500 Richard with its left side kicker, thank you very much!!
Last edited by Alan H on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
martyducati

Re: Good job there's a lekky start

Post by martyducati »

Good luck! Post some pictures,you know we like pictures :lol:
mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

There goes yer tap dancing career.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

No tap dancing for a bit - unless it's in the bath!!
Anyway, they did what they needed to - I asked if they could just fit a grease nipple to the knee somewhere so I could give it a pump when the bearing sounded rough, but they said not for some reason. The arroe on me leg was so they knew which one to do - I also wrote 'not this one' on t'other just in case.
They also painted my leg with some red stuff - similar to Suzuki Candy colour, but more wrinkled - for disinfectance reasons.
And also a pic of a Canaletto, or Canneloni/Cannacan'ta or summat in me hand.

A free pot of coffee and a very nice sarnie (also free) - so I really did enjoy those, lots of pretty nurses pandering to my whims - under the supervision of Lynn unfortunately, so I couldn't find out how good personal service in BUPA was.
Now just got to limp about for a few days until it stops hurting like a barsteward.
Oh well, I'll just have to spend more time on ebay ordering 'stuff'.
Attachments
Pumpy uppy poorly knee thing
Pumpy uppy poorly knee thing
Sticky in the hand thing
Sticky in the hand thing
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

BUPA, in Yorkshire? I would have thought it would have been a hammer and chisel job int' back yard :lol: Hope it all goes good for you mate. Get well soon. Kev
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Oo, proper medicine, there! I like the inspection hatch thingy. Can you keep it?
Get well soon,
Mike
ps: got to watch the cover on BUPA. Apparently, something as commonplace as accidentally getting a superhero stuck in your backside, they don't want to know. Down to A&E for a 4h wait for that, cheeky second-rate swines.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

It's a pump up crushed ice cooly thing for wrapping round poorly knees - and it'll get some serious use!
I had the left knee done a few years ago without any problems, but this (right) one hurts like buggery and it's stopping me getting in the garage.
So I've got anti-inflammatory and different painkiller tablets, which I'm trying to avoid as I hate tablets.

Must get some islambiotic bacon to stop me turning into a terrorist.
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Ha,thought you Yorkie's were tough,,,,"when I we'rt a lad ha to crawl 20 miles every day,on me belly t' use t' loo,which were a hole in bottom o'"
well you get the idea,,,,,

Joking aside,hope it all go's well for you,know what a bad knee is like,waiting for a new one myself.As long as you can still throw your leg over,the bike that is, :D :D ,when it all heals.Then again I suppose that Lynn will be hoping it's not just the bike :roll: :roll: Slap my wrists,
See you in July,
Cheers,John.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
Kettletimes3

Post by Kettletimes3 »

Been there done that Allan,Know how it feels,Also had a shoulder done now awaiting a replacment.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

yeadon_m wrote:Oo, proper medicine, there! I like the inspection hatch thingy. Can you keep it?
Get well soon,
Mike
ps: got to watch the cover on BUPA. Apparently, something as commonplace as accidentally getting a superhero stuck in your backside, they don't want to know. Down to A&E for a 4h wait for that, cheeky second-rate swines.
What ? :shock: