Information

You can chat about anything you like here
PaulD738

Information

Post by PaulD738 »

I’m getting fed up living with two classic bikes. I bought the Katana to ride while I restored the T500 but I keep having to spend on it which has brought the 500 resto to a grinding halt. So I’m thinking of cutting my losses and selling the Kat to fund a Hayabusa. I’ve always fancied one since they where first introduced and reading the road tests it seems that apart from being mind bendingly fast they make a decent every day bike and a good tourer. I would rather listen to someone who has owned one than the magazine hacks who get paid to promote them so has anyone on here owned one long term who can give me an idea of what they’re like to live with every day? I’ve enquired about insurance which wasn’t as bad as I thought and I’ve had a test ride and was very impressed with comfort and smoothness but a 20 min ride isn’t much to base a purchase on.
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
JOHNJENKS66

Re: Information

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Hi Paul, a good friend of mine had one for 6/7 years. He raved about the bike, power, comfort, reliability.
To be honest we all got a bit fed up, listening to how great it was.

Only thing, as he got older, and less, shall we say, supple ;) he started to have a few back problems. Not the bikes fault.He did go distance touring on it as well.
Soooo, depending on your " condition " and what you want it for, I would say go for it. Baz, Richard, Alan H. and Scotch, all know a great friend of mine, Seamus, who is a fantastic bike mechanic, makes a good living from it.Over the years working on these, he has never come across any major problems with them, as long as the routine maintenance has been done PROPERLY.

4/5 years ago, I thought I would never be without a Kettle, at one stage owning 4 at the same time.
But here I sit Kettle less, I do miss it, but I needed something modern, to go distance touring, with the Mrs, and gear, so along came the Pan.
And guess what, I now have a second one, a 1300.

So Horses for Courses springs to mind, and you do have your Ole Dobbin to keep a smokey smile on your face. We are not here for ever, so if it ticks all your boxes, ????

WHY NOT.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Try a GSX1400 first. Good riding position and 'easy' to ride. They're happy to go slow, but if you want fast, there's all you will ever need. Pop over next weekend and have a go on mine.

Anyway, a 'Busa's a bit much for someone of your stature. :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
keithbailey

Post by keithbailey »

Hi Paul
I have owned two a generation one and a generation two. The gen 1 has a vibration issue after about forty miles it feels like you have white finger. Now the gen 2 is a totally different bike, as smooth as silk and easy to ride just munches the miles although slightly slower than the gen 1.
Keith
KETTLE 750 J
BMW S1000XR
Harley Road King
Honda CB750 K
Lambretta 1964 ser 3
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Thank you gents that’s exactly the info I was after. Alan, I do like the look of the GSX14 but I’m fed up getting battered with the wind on naked bikes. I don’t want to go for the full dress “Stuka bike” and I’m not an Onda fan apart from maybe a Gold Wing but I don’t think I would be able to man handle it in & out of the garage :oops:
As for my “stature” if you read my initial post you would see I’ve had a test ride on one and found it fine getting both feet on the floor
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Paul,

Try out a Yamaha FJR1300. Nice upright position with adjustable screen and loads of power.

Faster than one of those gsx 1400’s. I know this as I passed some old guy on a silver one a few months ago. Don’t even think he saw me. :D
sidneyworm

Post by sidneyworm »

hi paul, try a kwak as uki gtr 1400 it will make you :D
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

sidneyworm wrote:hi paul, try a kwak as uki gtr 1400 it will make you :D
Eh? :?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

sidneyworm wrote:hi paul, try a kwak as uki gtr 1400 it will make you :D
Wuh, his spil chok has bust ay it ?
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

mizzytheman wrote:Hi Paul,

Try out a Yamaha FJR1300. Nice upright position with adjustable screen and loads of power.

Faster than one of those gsx 1400’s. I know this as I passed some old guy on a silver one a few months ago. Don’t even think he saw me. :D

He's either not seen your comment Martin or he is not biting :lol:
GT750A