Gt750 imports

You can chat about anything you like here
Suzukirab

Gt750 imports

Post by Suzukirab »

Hi guys
Does anyone know did the gt750 from the Italy market get sold new with mag wheels and a rear disc brake,I have one and I know the wheels were sold as an extra in Northern Ireland I also found an add showing the bike from Italy with mags and a rear disc ,working in the dealers I only came across indicator lens being changed from the USA imports / if my boss could not get a uk speck bike but that was near the end of 1977 /1978 ,I bought this bike on the main land and was told it was an import which does not cause me a problem the guy was very truthful and truth be told I've forgot his name but I know he's in the gt750 owners club and about two years ago he had an accident with his wife on the back and at Stafford 2016 he informed the club he was selling his bikes anyway he might be in the kettle clinic would like to talk to him again if you can help it would be much appreciated and becuse of the change in log books over here I don't have his name on the v5
Cheers
mizzytheman

Re: Gt750 imports

Post by mizzytheman »

There is some information on the Old Japanese website regarding the Italian models found here. http://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/GT750_f ... /page-A519

Ray Sunners has alloy wheels on his bike but rear brake is drum. Wasn’t sure if these were aftermarket wheels but a recent repaint showed Suzuki stamped on the rear drum.
Attachments
5867356A-2311-4879-AEF3-CFA551329FAC.jpeg
Suzukirab

Need an impeller please

Post by Suzukirab »

Hello everyone does anyone have an impeller for sale please it's for an A model
Thank you
lairdofsmoke

Post by lairdofsmoke »

Yes the Italian importer commissioned them, were called. Vellilunga.( not sure if I've spelt that correct) but the importers were Roberto Galliana, I think two have been imported into the UK at the last I heard a few years back.
On fragrant cloud
BATTS

Post by BATTS »

The Vallelunga was a limited edition homologation special produced by an Italian dealer/importer SAIAD and subsequently semi adopted by Suzuki, it was sold along side the standard 750 K on which it was based, it had a "breathed on" engine and bodywork only a few were produced, it didn't have cast wheels or a rear disc brake.

In 1975 Italy banned imports of motorcycles under 380cc so Suzuki increased the engine capacity of the GT380 to 384cc to circumvent this and the Italian importer fitted them all with cast wheels and a rear brake, it was the only GT380 available in Italy at the time and as far as I'm aware the only GT (pre X7) that had alloys as standard.

Any GT750's with cast wheels and/or rear discs are likely to be aftermarket or a GS conversion., not that there's anything wrong with that.
GT380 rear disc.jpg
Attachments
vallelunga.jpg
Last edited by BATTS on Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
76 GT750, 78 GT550, BMW K1600gtl
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I have Campbray wheels (twin disc/drum) on the hippo, but also have a 'spare' rear disc wheel should anyone need one.......
Attachments
New colours.jpg
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
teazer

Post by teazer »

Can we see what the wheels look like and the rear brake master cylinder and any linkages. That may shed some light on things.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Well, the back wheel is all wrapped up in the attic, and all the drybollix are in a box in the garage, so that'll take some time!!
The back wheel looks much like the front tho'!
teazer

Post by teazer »

Not you Alan, Rab and his Eyetalian bike, but now you mention it, how did you do the rear disk master cylinder?
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Did it like this on the 550.

Had a small triangle welded onto the bottom if the rear brake pedal and fitted a GS550 rear brake cylinder to it. More details here page 15 onwards. http://www.kettleclinic.co.uk/kcforum/v ... lit=Earwig