What's happened to summer?

You can chat about anything you like here
stevewharton

What's happened to summer?

Post by stevewharton »

As I write this post it is the 8th consecutive day of rain in Lincolnshire. (most of June has been a washout) Fortunately for those of us who live on the coast in North East Lincolnshire, we haven't had it anywhere near as bad as those inland, where it's very flat and more prone to flooding, as you've probably seen on the tv. I feel very sorry for those who live in the Wainfleet area, five miles inland from Skegness, whose homes have been badly effected after the river Steeping breeched its banks. How this could've happened five years after David Cameron promised millions to tackle the problem beggars believe, I guess there's been much more important problems for the government to tackle, like three years of arguing about brexit and finding the next brilliant prime minister. :roll:
Anyway I've not had my bikes out for over two weeks due to the crappy weather, but got up this morning to see that it's dry outside :o so got the GSX1100 out for a clean, ready for tonights bike night at Guy Martins pub, the marrowbone and cleaver at Kirmington. However five minutes into the clean you've guessed it, it's started raining again, so cleaned it as quick as I could and back into the garage hoping it's dry tonight. (not holding my breath)
So I decided to get the autosol out and start on the kettle, ready for next weeks Yorkshire rally, hopefully there'll be no rain left up there by then fingers crossed, the monsoon season will be over and the sun will be shining on Gods county. ;)
Last edited by stevewharton on Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
itsnotateapot

Re: What's happened to summer?

Post by itsnotateapot »

The Sun is shining in Sheffield
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

itsnotateapot wrote:The Sun is shining in Sheffield
Gods County? :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
barney01

Post by barney01 »

And North Wale's it's a lovely day here 8-)
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
johnakay

Post by johnakay »

lovely afternoon here.nice and sunny in teesside.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership
wardy

Post by wardy »

I went to the Marrowbone and Cleaver tonight Steve ( on the Z650 though) and it was great... loads of bikes , a hog roast and not a drop of rain in sight.
Have done zero miles on the kettle this year so far due to the weather. I'vemanaged about 160 on the 380 though, which I hadn't ridden at all for over 5 years.
you missed a good event and Guy told me to say Hi to you!
Andy
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
teebowbusablaster

Post by teebowbusablaster »

Steve, your just not looking after that GSX, you'd better let me have it back.
mick 63

Post by mick 63 »

Its been a grand day in Lancaster today, ive been out twice on my bike today, been up to the Lakes this afternoon & Knott End bike night tonight 8-) , cheers mick.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Andy, you must have gone a bit later because I got there before 5.30 and stayed for an hour, but didn't see you or Terry (the ex' GSX1100 owner) there. Four of us then had a blast over to Willingham where it was packed as usual, summer's here at last. :P