Ebay scammers, again.

You can chat about anything you like here
stevewharton

Ebay scammers, again.

Post by stevewharton »

Four very nice kettles for sale on ebay today for £1 each, but it looks like ebay's got their act together pretty quick and pulled them all. What a shame for the poor scammers, and I was interested in buying all four. :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
twostrokeheaven

Re: Ebay scammers, again.

Post by twostrokeheaven »

over the years I have always reported scams and sometimes 50 plus in a row, as once lost a deposit on something and the people that do this make me bloody sick, but it is hard to keep up with so many from time to time, :? I would like to stick one of my higgspeeds where the sun doesn't shine up em
GT750J Lavender Pink 1972 :D
Fs1E baja brown speedblock 1976 :D
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

Yes they are a bloody nuisance. It’s the same bikes time and time again.
Make sure it’s the end of the higgspeeds with the springs that goes up first! :shock:
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

They are back with a vengeance again today! Everything from J’s to B’s but no email
request this time. Does anyone understand what the scam is or why eBay aren’t able
to prevent them listing this stuff?
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

I think ebay rely on people like us who know a scam when they see it, to report it to them asap, like I've just done with todays fresh crop of very nice looking kettles, all for sale at the bargain price of £1 each. :roll: Never having fell for it I'm not sure how this scam works, but I imagine some unsuspecting punters must fall for it, otherwise the lowlife scum wouldn't keep persisting. And it looks like ebay are responding very quickly to reports of fraudulant activity, they've taken down they ones I've just reported in about ten minutes.
Busy morning for the scammers, not just kettles listed, there's kit cars, quad bikes and other bike makes too.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Reading through the description on one of his bikes he’s got a buy it now price of £3750 for a beautiful fully restored 750J in pink :roll:
I’ve written to him saying I’m interested and if I could come and view it I will pay him in cash and take it away with me in a van.
No answer as yet :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Jacobscreek

Post by Jacobscreek »

He's at it again but has changed his angle. He's not starting off at a quid now but is using a very odd amount starting price with a buy it now price too. Lots of the pics being used are the same as when he was starting them for £1.00