Visitor

You can chat about anything you like here
oldjapanesebikes

Visitor

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

I am still wondering if he meant to go to London in the UK and somehow got on the wrong plane, but this guy showed up in my shop near London in Canada the other day. :D

That would be Mr. Beardsley on the left. Had a great visit, swapped some great lies, compared a few notes and discussed various people we both know at length, so if anyone's ears were burning you know why ! The full story is on my web site, and also on my OJB Facebook page . 8-)
==================================
Ian
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com
Alan H

Re: Visitor

Post by Alan H »

Bloody hell! We weren't that far away last time we were in Toronto, Hamilton and the environs.
I'll have to try harder next time!
(It was before you moved to 'that' London tho'!)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

It is indeed a small world, as we too have family living in Hamilton and we've visited them often. We've also visited Grimsby in Canada and were treated like royalty when we went in the local bank and mentioned we were from Grimsby in the UK.
Shame about the real royals now living in Canada who aren't allowed to call themselves 'royal' anymore. :o :oops: :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I think that's because they aren't now Steve.
Shame, but divorce means just that.
Hopefully not theirs tho', if you know what I mean.
Whistle see.

Another very nice place in Canada that I visited with Lynn was Tobermory, which is advertised as 'Canada's Diving Capital' so (as I've now been a scuba diver for 30 years) I had a couple of dives there and bought a 'Tobermory Canada - twinned with Tobermory Scotland' shirt.
I proudly wore this a couple of months later when we visited 'our' Tobermory, to find out that no-one had heard of their twin. Funny old world innit?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

You’ve got a twin! :shock:
Perish the thought :tw
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
oldjapanesebikes

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Alan H wrote:Another very nice place in Canada that I visited with Lynn was Tobermory, which is advertised as 'Canada's Diving Capital' so (as I've now been a scuba diver for 30 years) I had a couple of dives there and bought a 'Tobermory Canada - twinned with Tobermory Scotland' shirt.
Tobermory is about 3 1/2 hours north of us Alan - lovely area. If you , Steve or indeed any of the other folks happen to be in the area then drop us a line ! Always happy to talk about bikes and things if we are available. 8-)
==================================
Ian
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com