Re: It's Mike Yeadon's fault

Post by Haggler »

Z13s now we talking
JOHNJENKS66

wwww

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

wwwww
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

mizzytheman wrote:Hi Paul,

Where's the left hand exhaust.
:oops: unfortunately Martin it came with a stainless six into one that I never got around to changing. They definitely look better with a six into two though.
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Well the dinosaur has gone to the menders for some TLC including wheel removal and powder coating, some bits taken off for painting and a good service/setting up, new tyre and brake repipe/calipers strip etc. (Tokiko 6 potters).
Why? Cos it's bl00dy cold in my garage, and I don't like doing (any, but especially mucky) jobs when it's very cold. So there.
Pics to follow.
Last edited by Alan H on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Alan,
Very wise. I've not done more than change oil/filter, air filter, brake / clutch fluid. Plus add minor bling. Tyres its a dealer job, too blinking heavy! I don't think you can *wear them out. Same reason!
I look forward to seeing your brightened up 10 yarder.
Oh, and those 550 pots, you barsteward. I was interested in them too! beaten by a canny chap from Tightshire. As usual.
Mike
* I meant the GSX1400. It wears tyres out just by looking at them, the rears, anyway. I heard tell of some heavy-wristed owners wearing out a rear in under 3000 miles. While I can believe that, I'm surprised they survived riding like that!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

:lol:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Well the Dinosaur is at the menders having some bits sorted. New brake hoses, wheels and front 'guard prettied up, new back tyre and chain/sprockets and some bits polished. Good check round and new filters/oil/plugs.
Should be home later this week for the blingification to commence - after it's been remantled of course.
Attachments
menders2.jpg
menders1.jpg
menders3.jpg
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

All taxed and running again with a new front tyre, wheels powder coated metallic silver, chain, sprockets, pads, brake hoses, plugs, oil. Must get some pics. It's still bl00dy quick and unsurprisingly, handles much better with the new tyres.
Bad bit - the tank takes a lot of petrol when it's filled from nearly empty! :shock:
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:All taxed and running again with a new front tyre, wheels powder coated metallic silver, chain, sprockets, pads, brake hoses, plugs, oil. Must get some pics. It's still bl00dy quick and unsurprisingly, handles much better with the new tyres.
Bad bit - the tank takes a lot of petrol when it's filled from nearly empty! :shock:
If it’s owt like my Kat it gets seriously top heavy pushing it out of the garage with a full tank :?
Mine was as close to toppling over as I ever want it to be the other day! I’ll swear I turned green at one point :mrgreen:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Alan,
Here's the bike that led you down this dalliance with a "sofa with a rocket up its backside" bike!
Didn't go out yesterday, but rode two of the bikes round the garden for a bit!
Main reason was to get proper access to the Kettle.
Cheers,
Mike
Attachments
IMG_1787.JPG