Advice appreciated.....

You can chat about anything you like here
PaulD738

Re: Advice appreciated.....

Post by PaulD738 »

Good advice there, I did exactly the same with a 750J the model of Kettle I’ve always lusted after. When I finally got one and spent a small fortune in time and money getting it exactly how I wanted it but I just didn’t enjoy riding it. The bike did nothing for me at all and left me cold. Lovely to look at & polish but i ended up hating it and finally got rid and bought a proper bike :roll: you might love it but blag a ride on one before you part with your hard earned.
Attachments
C45D1DD2-AC22-44A0-972B-50BD15D4BABA.jpeg
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

And it depends what kind of riding you do and want to do. The Hippo is a nice touring bike, later versions are better. In fact a group of us went around Eire last year and did over a thousand miles in a weeks' riding all 2 up. Now if you want a bit better handling and arguably more fun without costing as much, try a 550 or 380 triple or 500 twin. Plenty of those on here, standard or not.
Image My current one is different!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Malcj

Post by Malcj »

Thank you, I have wondered what I think I'm going to do with it when it's finished, but, for me, a large part of the appeal is something to work on. My old man always called me a peasant cos I'm rarely happier than when I have tools in my hands. My regular ride is a K1300s and there's not much I can do with that. I'll be very happy to do the work, get it as good as I can and enjoy whatever riding experience I end up with. I'm gonna buy it. I'll post some pictures when I figure out how and an update when I have had a look at the beast.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

In that case, best of luck. Don't treat it as the holy grail and you may be a happy bunny. Hope so anyhoo!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated