gt when did you start ?

You can chat about anything you like here
senicoli

Re: gt when did you start ?

Post by senicoli »

12 year old 1967 in the local lanes and quarries every garden shed had a parked up bike in old boys were buying cars and didnt need the bikes anymore we used pool our pocket money paper round and milk round money until we had a fiver and go knocking on doors we always got one for a fiver here is what I remember loads of lambretta and vespa scootters bsa banttams francis barnets james excelsior and one greeves a suzuki 80 try as we might we couldnt wreck this one as easy as the others this is when I got the suzuki bug we even managed a small cc ducati sorry I cant remember engine sizes but they were all small cc the one that sticks in my memory nsu supermax 250 cc it seemed a massive bike to us at the time we seized the engine up (they didnt get serviced very often) so we got engine plates made at the local pit and put the engine in from the wrecked ducati and it worked we called it the guzzimax finally got one on the road a bsa starfire a 250 hustler a honda 250 a gt 250 19 years old girlfriend pregnant got married had a baby boy end of bike career got first car ford cortina mk 2 1300cc never passed bike test until 2009 a mate took me to the 2007 TT that did the damage I was hooked again I have made up for the lost years since usually have 3 to 4 bikes on the road new and old and love every minute of it colin :)
julian

Post by julian »

H I 1972 GOT T250 HUSTLER only had under a year some low life knicked it ,got t200 invader for a while then another hustler had a break for a couple of years then got a gt550m first with chrome barrels in candy green lovely bike kept for a couple of years then got the first of my 3 kettles ,had many bikes since gsxr 750 and 1000s a couple of zx7r ninjas still keeping my kettle I have restored, money not important ive done it ,doing a t500 at present had a gt500 many years ago but never a t500 so .fancied a change probably I can be classed as a Suzuki man just love the make .
redliner

Post by redliner »

me too - have always loved the GT Suzukis, even when I was finally tempted to the Kawasaki fours (as I still am!). I have just made a small change though, with a trip back the the (sort of) Dark Side - I've added a GS550 to my little bike armada. Never owned one of these before (did have a big brother 750 in 2014), so will be an interesting change to be working on a Suzy 4-cyl 4-stroke once again.
Suzuki GT250M
Suzuki GS400B
Kawasaki KZ550LTD
Honda CB360G5
garry55

Post by garry55 »

Started riding off-road at 14 - my first bike was a D1 Bantam.

For my 17th birthday, August 1972, I got a new H*n*a CB175K6. Kept it for 14 months, then sold it on and bought a T250R Hustler. Had 84 bikes since then - mostly Suzuki's.

Got 12 bikes at this moment in time - 10 Suzuki's and 2 Triumph's - 5 of which are, or will be, powered by a GT750 motor. Only 1 of the 12 (my Suzuki-powered Bimota) is roadworthy.
Garry.

Inside every standard Kettle is a bloody good engine crying for help............... :D