Alan H

Re: New Bike

Post by Alan H »

Neither was Mr. Honda......
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
RichM17366

Post by RichM17366 »

We have 2x good riders for TT this year for Norton - McGuinness + Brookes (i saw Josh Brookes at Cadwell over the mountain - wow amazing)
So hopefully if the monsoon ever ends we will get a good TT - we have booked to go again this year - looking forward to it
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:That's what Honda expected last year's fireblade to do wasn't it?
Ooh you bitch :lol:
By the way Kev, Italian bikes don’t have faults they have character :roll:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Same as their cars then. Look gorgeous but fall to bits is your hands :lol:
Flyingscotsman1

Post by Flyingscotsman1 »

seems i have opened a can of worms but i have always liked Nortons went to the T T in 72 when Peter William's and 92 when Hislop won all agains the odds.regarding reliability i have owned 16 new mercedes the last a A M G sl biggest heap of shit ever to grace our roads and believe me if you own Italy's best supercar you better buy a big bag of spanners i now have a range rover which in 4 years has never missed a beat so i will take my luck on a brit might be wrong and i really hope so as would love to see another brit success like triumph have achieved nothing like rose tinted glasses.
Kurgan36

Post by Kurgan36 »

Your’re not wrong about the Italian super car , a big bag of spanner’s and a heavy and constant drain on the wallet ...... but in saying that it’s by far the best car I’ve ever owned, the thing that brings me the biggest pleasure and the one thing that makes me smile everyday :D

Kurgan
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Don't do supercars/bikes. I've had 4 x Hyundai Santa Fè cars in the last 17 years and my next will be from the same company. Boringly reliable. Just what I like! Like Suzukis I suppose - air cooled ones anyway...... :roll:
Last edited by Alan H on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

You where probably just unlucky, most modern vehicles even Ducati’s are very reliable, well bikes anyway, unless I win the lottery I won’t ever be able to own a Ferrari! It would appear you have been dealt a double blow by the last owner and the Norton dealer obviously wasn’t concerned about the companies reputation. Have you thought of contacting the motorcycle press? I would have thought Norton would be keen to protect their good name and not want it in the papers.
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!