Experiences of chipping / remapping cars?

You can chat about anything you like here
yeadon_m

Experiences of chipping / remapping cars?

Post by yeadon_m »

Hi folks,

Aside from fiddling with, occasionally riding and too frequently breaking my bikes, I also enjoy my Audi S3. The spec sheets online indicates it develops max bhp of 295. I'd like a bit more. I don't really like the RS3 which has stacks more power as I believe it only comes with an auto box.

Anyway, I can see various sites online offering remaps for a few hundred quid which claim to add / liberate 73bhp more. Here's an example:
https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/audi/a3 ... 380nm.html

Has anyone gone down this route with a recent car and if so what experiences have you had??

Cheers for your thought,
Mike
JOHNJENKS66

Re: Experiences of chipping / remapping cars?

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Hi Mike, my son has a friend who has a Subaru, think it is a WRX, or something along those lines.
He had it re-mapped, and air filter changed, also needed a bigger oil cooler to handle the extra BHP, but he is happy with the improved performance.
You thinking about a bit of racing Mike :D
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

John, useful info, cheers. No, I'm no racer, but I do like the 'aircraft take off feel' that you get with one of these when burying the throttle hard in 2nd (country roads) and 3rd (M'way slip roads). Its licence losing time if you really wind it up!
Mike
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Got a bit more info Mike. It is a Imprezza, he owns, he said that the guy/company that you use, should be able to advise you on what other " extras " you would need to fit, depending on how far you want to go with the re-map / chipping. The more you want out of it = the more you have to put in, including suspension/wheels and rubber, in extreme cases. Good luck, suppose your gonna try and keep up with Alan on his 550 :D :D .
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Just don't spill the salt and vinegar in the car while you're eating the chips Mike. It'll stain the plastic seats. ;)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
keithbailey

Post by keithbailey »

Don't forget to inform your insurance, they love to throw claims out for not informing them on upgrades.
KETTLE 750 J
BMW S1000XR
Harley Road King
Honda CB750 K
Lambretta 1964 ser 3
Kettletimes3

Post by Kettletimes3 »

PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

The only chips any of my cars have had are wrapped in paper and usually have a piece of cod with them :oops:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

I'm happy with my stock performance Jaguar S type R. 400bhp and 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. Not quite as quick as the S3 but the sound of the supercharger kicking in is pure Jaguar roar :D No chips for me please. I'm too fat.
IMG_2677.JPG
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Kev,
Thats a proper Jag! yes, my S3 is supposed to make 5.2s 0-60 and I can believe it. I'd like around 340-350bhp which doesn't seem too much to ask. If the insurance want a few quid extra, its a price worth paying.
Cheers,
Mike