delkevic exhaust

You can chat about anything you like here
senicoli

delkevic exhaust

Post by senicoli »

been working me nuts off and abstaining again have got enough shekels together to buy a set of delkevics for the kettle L model sure this question has been asked before but here goes the kettle L has link pipes the delkevics dont the cosmetics dont bother me would there be any change in performance would the centre cylinder run any warmer is there any reason why I cant dispense with the link pipe system I would be grateful your for your views and advise :?: :) thank you colin
itsnotateapot

Re: delkevic exhaust

Post by itsnotateapot »

Some of the very late L models didn't have link pipes, mine is one of them and mine runs as sweet as sweet thing. in fact I have done 20,000 miles in the last six years completely trouble free.
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
teazer

Post by teazer »

The myth is that linked pipes on early models help torque and that later bikes without link pipes are less torquey because they aren't linked.

Reality is that MAB models had higher exhaust ports for a little more power without much loss at the bottom end. They also had lower intake floors and that helps top end but loses power and torque below 5500. I personally would have no qualms about using a non linked pipe on an L model.

On the other hand, one of my GTs has MAB cylinders with much taller than stock exhaust ports and it runs nicely. Not as much bottom end, but not a top end screamer either - and that's my "Stock" class drag race motor. :roll:
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

probably being over cautious the early ones had link pipes the later ones didnt as far as I am aware nothing else changed relative to the exhaust thanks for replying :) 8-) colin
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

I am convinced the decision is made the old girl (the kettle) is going to get some (delkevics) before I part with the readies long shot I know anyone know of any for sale I have seen them occasionally almost new on e bay thanks colin :D :D :D