Suzuki owners club

You can chat about anything you like here
redliner

Re: Suzuki owners club

Post by redliner »

So, if you could access/contribute to the SOC forum without paying the £25, would you still be doing so?
Suzuki GT250M
Suzuki GS400B
Kawasaki KZ550LTD
Honda CB360G5
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

No. KC is better, smarter and .....just better.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
redliner

Post by redliner »

fair enough - agreed, SOC forum leaves a lot to be desired in many ways, not least the virtual state of inactivity and participation by the Club members. It states that there's '1140 users' but unfortunately I'd venture to say that there's actually less than 20 regulars who write things/contribute to discussions etc. To be objectively fair, though, how many of the KCs '1449 users' regularly scribble on here?

and what about the VJMC Members Forum - now there's a stone-dead-in-the-water duck if ever I saw one !
Suzuki GT250M
Suzuki GS400B
Kawasaki KZ550LTD
Honda CB360G5
Chris57

Post by Chris57 »

Flyingscotsman1 wrote:Anyone a member of the Suzuki owners club
Noooooo, even for me down in that fancy London it's t'dear ;)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

redliner wrote: and what about the VJMC Members Forum - now there's a stone-dead-in-the-water duck if ever I saw one!
Do you use the VJMC forum?
Lots of people actually 'use' it - looking, not posting, but the problem there is that the VJMC forum tries to be everything to all members on all bikes. Not enough folks answering queries on a wide range of diverse manufacturers and models though. Wonder why?
The moderator on there does his best to keep it alive and helps where possible with questions that are asked, but no-one knows everything, not even me with 50 odd years biking experience. Oh, and I AM the only mod on there and that's because no-one else was interested in doing the job when the VJMC committee decided to close the forum due to lack of use and the majority of members using faceiron or whatever.
It's easy to criticise, but not so easy to actually get off the fence and do summat, but some of us try to assist those who can't be ar$ed to think for theirselves or do a search to see if their question hasn't already been asked a squillion times before.
By the way, if you're a VJMC member, why not post on there with a nice intro and write something about your bike or local rideout or just help people who have less knowledge than you do?? Tansha needs contributions too - a club is run for the members BY the members, not just the poor tw@t who does the editing or moderating.
Attachments
It' a joke - mostly!!!
It' a joke - mostly!!!
EADA2EC7-1125-422D-8C76-DB3B2B0556AE-1.jpeg (18.06 KiB) Viewed 253 times
Last edited by Alan H on Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

You're spot on Alan. I admit I'm also a lazy ar$e who wouldn't want to get mired up in administering one of these sites. But I'm a member of the VJMC and the SOC and happily pay the subs knowing it will help a little bit to keep them going. Conscience money in a way I suppose. :oops:
redliner

Post by redliner »

"It's easy to criticise, but not so easy to actually get off the fence and do summat," and "By the way, if you're a VJMC member, why not post on there with a nice intro and write something about your bike or local rideout or just help people who have less knowledge than you do?"

Why am I irritated by the tone of that reply? :?

Who's criticising? I'm not - I'm making a point about the apathetic state of the bike forums, yours included! The lack of input probably mucks me off as much as it obviously does yourself!

And yes I am a VJMC member and a user of the forum, using the same name as on here. I have posted things on there too, which you (in your position as moderator) can easily check. I've also made regular contributions to the SOC forum (redliner), the Z1OC forum (ddg900) and the Zephyr Zone forum (750four). Some days I look at the responses (ie - none, especially on SOC) and I really do wonder why I bother. Obviously not interesting enough stuff to talk/ask questions about if it never gets a reply, so best leave it to those who have got something interesting to say.
Suzuki GT250M
Suzuki GS400B
Kawasaki KZ550LTD
Honda CB360G5
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

redliner wrote: Why am I irritated by the tone of that reply? :?

Who's criticising? I'm not - I'm making a point about the apathetic state of the bike forums, yours included! The lack of input probably mucks me off as much as it obviously does yourself!
redliner wrote: and what about the VJMC Members Forum - now there's a stone-dead-in-the-water duck if ever I saw one !
If that's not a criticism, I don't know what is.
It's not MY forum - it belongs the VJMC members, many of who seem to prefer faceiron or twitter. I don't like them, so volunteered to help with the forum.
I spoke to several committee members at the AGM in Kettering recently too, but due to people not using the VJMC forum, they will keep it running, but not spend on it. I can't make people post, and without people doing just that, it will be quiet. There have been several threads on here and elsewhere that haven't had replies, maybe not needed, or people just don't want to contribute or reply. Doesn't make the subject boring though.
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Alan H wrote:

redliner wrote: and what about the VJMC Members Forum - now there's a stone-dead-in-the-water duck if ever I saw one !
It's not MY forum - it belongs the VJMC members, many of who seem to prefer faceiron or twitter. I don't like them, so volunteered to help with the forum.
I spoke to several committee members at the AGM in Kettering recently too, but due to people not using the VJMC forum, they will keep it running, but not spend on it. I can't make people post, and without people doing just that, it will be quiet. There have been several threads on here and elsewhere that haven't had replies, maybe not needed, or people just don't want to contribute or reply. Doesn't make the subject boring though.
Wuh, well done Al. You're right. I've put some s..t on here with no replies, that's ok !
If nothing good to say.....say nothing !!
Love scotch.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Alan H wrote:

I understand if people don't respond to posts that aren't specific (God knows I've put enough of em up). I do get annoyed at folk who ask a question or for advice and, even though quite a few folk respond, they don't come back on the subject again! Not even a "thanks mate". I know a lot do, but a lot don't. You then start to think, "well, why bother". My tuppence.