Tax Mot .?

You can chat about anything you like here
canaletto5

Re: Tax Mot .?

Post by canaletto5 »

Me neither. I always toot my own horn personally, I know how long to hold it and how hard to press.
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

Once you get the v5, to historic vehicle, and get it logged on the the DVLA system, you have to re-tax it, on line after a year, or you will get a fine, for not re-taxing a non taxable vehicle...

It's mad... Until they pull there finger out, and get all non taxable bikes and cars, on a roll on system, so for now, we will have to play it their way..

if you go onto the DVLA website (taxing a vehicle ,) you can get a reminder sent by text or email to remind you when it's running out, free of charge... :shock:
https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-exempt-from-vehicle-tax
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

barney01

Post by barney01 »

My bike has been Historic vehicle for a few years now and i got my reminder to tax in the usual way by post. Then I took form to post office and they taxed it for me.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
mick 63

Post by mick 63 »

Chris57 wrote:Surely keeping receipts and a photographed & written history of ownership are a far better way of retaining the "history" of a bike. Forking out £25 for what is now a worthless piece of paper to a Historic bike proves nothing more than someone has squeezed the front brake lever & tooted the horn. I really can't get my head round the idea myself :?
it's a personal choice Chris , I get my mot's at trade so it cost me £15 , there's for's and against getting it moted or not , I chose to mot mine , ;) cheers Mick.
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

BATTS wrote:Lady at Post Office very helpful when you get tax reminder next year, you still get one albeit nil cost, just go to P.O. with V112 and they renew tax, same every year. If historic you get MOT exemption automatically V112 is just declration that vehicle roadworthy.
Hi all

My Tax is due at the end of this month and is free, as its now historic as from last year. I have received the reminder V11Z but rather than take it to a post office (see above) can I do this online and if so will the MOT exemption kick in automatically?

Cheers
Jeff
GT750A
julian

Post by julian »

Hi just done my kettle online already listed as historic ,just had to tick check box to confirm no changes to manufactures spec then all went through ok so tax and mot free for another year it is really easy to do.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Just had the reminder for the Hippo, and done it online.
Couldn't find anything regards MOT exemption, and I have to contact DVLA about this - or visit the Post Office to see what they can do.
I'm not paying the DVchuffinLA extra for an 030 phone call.
They can 'F' right off. Image
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Thanks Julian,

Just taxed it online for another year but like Alan says there was no box to tick for MOT exemption!!

Jeff
GT750A
julian

Post by julian »

Hi put reminder number in and just applied for tax two boxes on details one has vehicle been modified cannot remember what was in other ,reminders have changed mine was a light green colour very plain form now compared to old one my tax was due first of april
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

Dutch wrote:Thanks Julian,

Just taxed it online for another year but like Alan says there was no box to tick for MOT exemption!!

Jeff
What I did was sorned bike for a week then went back on DVLA and re-taxed it and ticked the mot box,2sj
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny