Tax Mot .?

You can chat about anything you like here
Scotch750

Re: Tax Mot .?

Post by Scotch750 »

BATTS wrote:Then you don’t need the V112.just done mine mot’d until next May
Cheers Chris.
So when do you apply for MOT exemption ? and where and how ?
BATTS

Post by BATTS »

Lady at Post Office very helpful when you get tax reminder next year, you still get one albeit nil cost, just go to P.O. with V112 and they renew tax, same every year. If historic you get MOT exemption automatically V112 is just declration that vehicle roadworthy.
Chris
76 GT750, 78 GT550, BMW K1600gtl
timmo

Post by timmo »

Well all done, Bit of a worry when a high street post office all said” we have never done one of these before” so I told them what you had told me and all was fine. Apparently it initially comes up as disabled on their screen but there is a 3 choice menu they can scroll down. I thought the disabled bit was I had been seen riding around but it was nothing personal after all. Anyway thank you all. But to the few be prepared to explain historic tax so what Canaletto 5 said. Thanks again,
keithbailey

Post by keithbailey »

must remember this post
KETTLE 750 J
BMW S1000XR
Harley Road King
Honda CB750 K
Lambretta 1964 ser 3
wardy

Post by wardy »

It's great having no tax to buy and no mot as well now. isn't it!
Can't help wondering though, looking at my kettle, that I and I alone are responsible for keeping this fantastic machine in a roadworthy condition from now on.
Not that I wouldn't anyway, but I may be tempted to eek out a bit more mileage from that rear tyre now and other such minor maladies... there's no-one now to say I can't!
I know if you get pulled , thelaw would still "do" you.It's a great responsbility that for a large machine, capable of 120 mph. it is I that has to maintain it without anyone having a look at it.
I know I'm rambling and, but I think it's good that "they" trust us in this regard.
cheers ,Andy
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

wardy wrote:It's great having no tax to buy and no mot as well now. isn't it!
Can't help wondering though, looking at my kettle, that I and I alone are responsible for keeping this fantastic machine in a roadworthy condition from now on.
Not that I wouldn't anyway, but I may be tempted to eek out a bit more mileage from that rear tyre now and other such minor maladies... there's no-one now to say I can't!
I know if you get pulled , thelaw would still "do" you.It's a great responsbility that for a large machine, capable of 120 mph. it is I that has to maintain it without anyone having a look at it.
I know I'm rambling and, but I think it's good that "they" trust us in this regard.
cheers ,Andy
Wuh, your right Andy. But as we are all (most of us) enthusiasts. We maintain our bikes to exacting standards. So, nothing untoward.
On the other hand, some people might buy a 40 plus year old knacker. With "BITS" hanging off and declaring that it's ok for the road !! :shock:
So I say, let's kill the b......ds !! Oh, sorry wrong program i'm watching !!! :lol: Kenny Everett late 70's early 80's I think :o
Goodnight folks. Be seeing you ! :D
Scotch.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

It's funny how your viewpoint changes as you mature. When I bought my brand new 250 in 1977, you didn't need an MOT for the first three years. I never changed the oil or checked the points. I changed a tyre once because I burst one on a kerb. Never topped up the battery or adjusted the carbs or any cables. I think I adjusted the back brake once. Fork oil change or steering check? Do me a favour. But I was an invincible 19 year old buying a cheap bike on HP. I do support riding a safe bike. At our stages in life, having spent thousands on our machines, the level of knowledge needed to make sure they are safe to ride goes with the territory IMHO
wardy

Post by wardy »

Your'e right Canelleto. It's actually a pleasure to do the maintainace now rather than perhaps a chore years ago. I'm sure most of us have more than one vehicle to use , so nowadays it doesn.t have to be done that night" or I can't get to work tomorrow".. I regard it a relaxation and a hobby, along with my bikes, I have a 27 year old car to look after (mx5) and this and my bikes never come out in the rain!
I just love tinkering with machinery, whether it's my bikes or my lawn mower!
Also; I remember being 19 in 1977 and only just being able to afford my nearly new z650, even though I worked for the dealer in Scunthorpe at the time... much later on, 6 years ago in fact, I was given my present z650 and only paid £450 for my kettle back in 2005, such were the values back then.
In other words, I could only afford one bike when I was young, but now have a few for not much money.
All the best
Andy
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
slosher

Post by slosher »

BATTS wrote:Lady at Post Office very helpful when you get tax reminder next year, you still get one albeit nil cost, just go to P.O. with V112 and they renew tax, same every year. If historic you get MOT exemption automatically V112 is just declration that vehicle roadworthy.
Chris
You can do this on line albeit you have to Sorn the bike and wait 5-6 days before the database catches up,then on line apply to tax the bike tick the box for Mot exemption which is a declaration and job done

Cheers Dave
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

You can do it the same day. I did the mate's Gold Wing last month. Sorn on line and straight to the post office to tax it free and declare MOT exempt within 30 mins without problem.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated