Tow bar! F**k!

You can chat about anything you like here
martyducati

Tow bar! F**k!

Post by martyducati »

Changed cars and the new one doesn't have a towbar, got a cheap one of gumtree happy days! One hour to fit,wee bunz!, nah! Eyes really letting me down now,can't see ,feeling about in the bumpers area for fixing points,and it starts raining,heavy warm rain,I push on,getting dark,what a crap job,finally sorted, I wouldn't pay the extortionate fees they charge,but I now know why I love working on bikes, cars suck!
I remember that job would have been half an hour ;) ;)
barney01

Re: Tow bar! F**k!

Post by barney01 »

I'm with you Mart. Hate cars but of course they are a necessary evil.....
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Who needs cars
bike towing.jpg
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

martyducati wrote:Changed cars and the new one doesn't have a towbar, got a cheap one of gumtree happy days! One hour to fit,wee bunz!, nah! Eyes really letting me down now,can't see ,feeling about in the bumpers area for fixing points,and it starts raining,heavy warm rain,I push on,getting dark,what a crap job,finally sorted, I wouldn't pay the extortionate fees they charge,but I now know why I love working on bikes, cars suck!
I put mine in my local garage, as they have lift,, tools, and time to do it.. I gave them a new back box to fit, i bought years ago at right money, as one day...so killed 2 birds with one stone..I went for a witter, removerble one... push the handal, remove and put in the boot.. job done..
Attachments
IMAG0777.jpg
IMAG0788.jpg
IMAG0781.jpg
IMAG0782.jpg
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

malky

Post by malky »

KETTLE BOY wrote:
martyducati wrote:Changed cars and the new one doesn't have a towbar, got a cheap one of gumtree happy days! One hour to fit,wee bunz!, nah! Eyes really letting me down now,can't see ,feeling about in the bumpers area for fixing points,and it starts raining,heavy warm rain,I push on,getting dark,what a crap job,finally sorted, I wouldn't pay the extortionate fees they charge,but I now know why I love working on bikes, cars suck!
I put mine in my local garage, as they have lift,, tools, and time to do it.. I gave them a new back box to fit, i bought years ago at right money, as one day...so killed 2 birds with one stone..I went for a witter, removerble one... push the handal, remove and put in the boot.. job done..
At least you won't walk into the fu@#&ng thing with a removable one :lol:
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

Done that before, on my old car...it hurts very much... :x
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

slosher

Post by slosher »

With our old caravan i used to grease the the ball on the tow bar always ended up with caravaners knee a big lump of grease on me nice clean jeans :x :x
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
martyducati

Post by martyducati »

Yeah it was a detachable one that I got(tow trust?) seems well made and fitted perfect,£80 of gumtree I downloaded the fitting instructions and ordered new 10.9 steel bolts and it was easy enough to fit bar my dodgy eyesight and the fact it rained very heavy just as soon as the whole back of the car was spread out on the driveway,I've ordered a clamp on bike rack for a swan neck ball hitch,seem to work on the same principle as a of pair vice grips this could get interesting if it throws a pair of expensive bikes down the road :oops:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I like a towbar on my car, it stops the dickheads tailgating.
Even better on my last car with the spare wheel mounted on a great bit fkoff bracket on the towbar. That keeps them further away!! :lol:
car.jpg
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
BATTS

Post by BATTS »

I've just had to have the tow bar replaced on my car, its electric. £2000 and two days in the dealership, apparently the car needs to be "told" it has a new tow bar and control box fitted. BMW = Bring Massive Wallet. Luckily all covered under warranty. You tube video of how it works (not my car)
https://youtu.be/OYOg6aNE0Pk
Chris
76 GT750, 78 GT550, BMW K1600gtl