handlebars

You can chat about anything you like here
apwrigs

handlebars

Post by apwrigs »

Chaps, im thinking of swapping my low bars for some higher ones. Just measuring the rise on mine they are around 4 and a half inches. What would be the higher rise im after, mine is a A model, and the ones iv seen on flebay etc look a better bar for me, just want to make sure im buying the correct ones.
malky

Re: handlebars

Post by malky »

I use Kawasaki Z1 bars and cut half an inch off each side - nice comfy position and width then - they are a bit too wide if you don't cut them down
Mal
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

Don't forget to take into account, your cables, and switches for length .. The higher the bars, the greater stretch ...
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

apwrigs

Post by apwrigs »

Cheers lads, never thòught of Z9 bars......
Rubydog

Post by Rubydog »

I test rode a 750A some years ago with low bars on & found it hard to manoeuvre & ride slowly due to its weight, I didn’t buy it, but now ride a USA 750L with higher bars & love it. It feels lighter, more nimble & more enjoyable to ride especially around town & I can live with the slight discomfort on faster roads. So I would think this would be a worthwhile mod, & well worth the effort even if u need longer brake lines & cables. Happy Kettling.
tato81

Post by tato81 »

Yes I need longer brake lines & cables to :cry: but It's worthwhile mod, i think.

My US handlebars: