Shoulder injury

You can chat about anything you like here
stevewharton

Shoulder injury

Post by stevewharton »

Sat in Grimsby hospital waiting to go down for an op' on my shoulder, to sort out an injury that's been making my life a misery for almost two years. :(
Since seeing my GP in December 2016 and then five physiotherapists, three x rays, an mri scan, two ultrasound scans, five cortisone and steriod injections and five different consultants, I'm finally getting the op' that hopefully will sort the problem, if only I was minted I could have gone private :roll:
Anyway I've been waiting since 7.30am watching everyone else going down (looks like my W surname has cursed me again) and I've just been told that my surgeon has run over on his morning list and I won't be operated on until this afternoon, wouldn't mind but I've been nil by mouth since 10 o clock last night and I'm bloody starving.
The worst thing though is, I've been told no bike riding for at least six weeks and the sun is beating down outside, so think about me while you're out having fun on your bikes :cry:
Steve Wharton.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
wardy

Re: Shoulder injury

Post by wardy »

Hope you get it sorted Steve.
all the best for a quick recovery!
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Your lucky, I’ve been to see the surgeon this morning about having bionic knees which have got progressively worse after having a hip replacement two years ago. I was told that it’s very unlikely I would be considered at this time
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Kettletimes3

Post by Kettletimes3 »

I got a shoulder replacement two years ago,I’m getting the other one done soon.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

I reckon Astrax could make a bomb running up stainless steel replacement joints for us clapped out old farts :lol: Mind you, you might have to wait a while, Alan still hasn't got his fork brace :D :tw
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

canaletto5 wrote:I reckon Astrax could make a bomb running up stainless steel replacement joints for us clapped out old farts :lol: Mind you, you might have to wait a while, Alan still hasn't got his fork brace :D :tw
http://www.kettleclinic.co.uk/kcforum/v ... =13&t=8749

It's only 2 years - & counting!!
Looks like that tennis trophy will have to wait Steve, and Paul will have to practice hobbling. My Avon Patellofemoral replacement is fine btw!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:My Avon Patellofemoral replacement is fine btw!
Good tyres Avon’s :roll: my total hip arthroplasty is good too but it looks like I won’t be full bionic for a while yet :cry:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Good luck Steve, hope it works when you finally get it done. I've had problems with my shoulders too over the years with 2 cortisone injections and one operation on my left one and they both still ache now!!! the cortisone injections certainly do the trick but as you probably know its only temporary

Regards Jeff
GT750A
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Thanks for your concern everyone, back home now and recovering quickly and with surprisingly very little pain. So hopefully I'll be back to normal soon.
Cheers, Steve.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

No playing with yourself for a few days. Give it time to mend.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated