Failed Delivery

You can chat about anything you like here
es2GT550

Failed Delivery

Post by es2GT550 »

Just looking for comments really - bought a rear light unit off ebay last week - seems a genuine seller -a trader. Anyway the light unit did n't turn up - contacted ebay and paypal - totally useless - no protection as there is a signature and delivery apparently. Now I know there was no delivery as I have CCTV coverage of the office and no parcel was delivered !!

Paypal does n't want to know. I will defintely cancel my PAypal account after this - never once needed to use their buyer protection - but the one time I need it - they do n't want to know. I can't raise a complaint with Royal Mail as I was not the sender on a 24/48 tracked delvery. I can take the seller to small claims for failing to deliver - is it worth it ? I have proof and witness for non-delivery and my contract is with him - not Royal Mail - what do you guys reckon ?? Its not necessarily his fault - but it sure as hell is n't mine either !!
It only £54 but its the principle - should the trader not accept liability ??
Cheers
Kettletimes3

Re: Failed Delivery

Post by Kettletimes3 »

That’s strange,I’ve had this happen three times and each time they put the money straight back into my account.
es2GT550

Post by es2GT550 »

I've never disputed an ebay or paypal transaction in my life! The one time I'd like to think I can rely on some "Buyer Protection" then its not there !!

I can understand the sellers issue with spurious scammers etc but why should I have to pay for the same goods twice ? I have CCTV evidence that the parcel was not delivered. And who is to say it wont happen again. Its realy annoyed me !!
julian

Post by julian »

A couple of years I sold some bike parts but did not do signature required ,guy then put a case up for not delievered but low and behold he tried to resell on ebay even used my pics contacted ebay they were not interested and said I would have to refund him .I then contacted ebay again stating that they must condone selling STOLEN property low and behold I had the case dropped buyer replied with he had forgot he had received items REALLY am I supposed to believe this ,ebay protection is like a chocolate fireguard all they are interested is their cut of the money.
astrax

Post by astrax »

I buy and sell a lot on eBay, have posted parts off and very occasionally they have not arrived, and also bought the odd part that has not turned up.
eBay are nearly ( 99.99999% ) always in favour of the buyer, so you just need to open up a case

In your eBay summary, scroll down to the item, on the right hand side of the window select, "More actions" select "I didn't receive it"

If the part was worth £54, if it was not posted signed for, or special delivery, the sender is only covered to a maximum of £20, so the seller probably not keen to assist as he would be out of pocket, but not your problem, that is down to him, he is the one that can claim back from Royal Mail, not you.

But eBay / PayPal should refund you within a week or so as they give the seller a chance to sort it out.

Thanks
Ian
es2GT550

Post by es2GT550 »

Thanks Ian - yes in all my years buying stuff off ebay I've never had a parcel not turn up. I raised a query with both Payapl and Ebay - both have dismissed the claim as the seller has a proof of delivery. The name on the POD is a "H Manchester" - this sounds false but anyway no-one in my company has that name. I also have CCTV that proves nothing was delivered at that time or close to it. Paypal and Ebay are not interested. Its only £54 but its the princple of the matter.

I agree with yourself - it should be the traders responsibility. We as a company have lost items being sent in the post , we make a claim and have to suffer the loss - that unfortunately is part of business.

I've very dissapointed with both paypal and ebay.
astrax

Post by astrax »

es2GT550 wrote:Thanks Ian - yes in all my years buying stuff off ebay I've never had a parcel not turn up. I raised a query with both Payapl and Ebay - both have dismissed the claim as the seller has a proof of delivery. The name on the POD is a "H Manchester" - this sounds false but anyway no-one in my company has that name. I also have CCTV that proves nothing was delivered at that time or close to it. Paypal and Ebay are not interested. Its only £54 but its the princple of the matter.

I agree with yourself - it should be the traders responsibility. We as a company have lost items being sent in the post , we make a claim and have to suffer the loss - that unfortunately is part of business.

I've very dissapointed with both paypal and ebay.
If the package has been signed for, the machines the postman carry, assuming Royal Mail, their units have GPS locations attached to the signatures, locations not available to the public, but they can check.
I found this out because I had a notification from a customer saying parcel had not arrived, I said, well it has been signed for, and he replied when shown, that is not my signature, but he had a friend who worked in the post office, who was able to look it up, and was signed for about 1 mile from his house, he went to see the person at the location, and was an old guy who said sorry he was not able to walk it to him sooner, had it a few days, postman made a genuine mistake, parcel handed over, eBay case closed.

I was told the GPS is very accurate, not sure if couriers have the same facilities, I would ask for the tracking number if you do not already have it and speak to the delivery company.

Ian
es2GT550

Post by es2GT550 »

Thans Ian - looks like I'm going to cancel my Paypal account - its a matter of principle - they have been useless !!!
I'll stick to using my credit card - might mean I spend a bit less !!! :lol: