Summat different?

You can chat about anything you like here
PaulD738

Summat different?

Post by PaulD738 »

A friend of mine and serial GT250 collector (5 & counting :roll: ) has just bought himself a VERY rough US import Yamaha YDS6 street scrambler. He bought this unseen off eBay and the guy delivered it the other evening in the pitch dark and shot off like a rat up a drainpipe :lol:
It became obvious why the next day when my mate inspected his new toy! Although it’s mostly complete one exhaust had rotted through completely and when he checked the motor one of the barrels was just placed on the crankcase with no piston inside :oops:
The motor is seized solid and looking into the crankcase mouth it’s red rusty. We whipped the rev counter drive panel off and the gearbox is also seized solid. I’ve been tasked with the job of stripping the motor, handing him the crank and cylinders so he can get them rebuilt and re-bored and then rebuilding it and getting it running. It’s a paying job so at last I’ll have some funds to throw at my T500.
Pics to follow as I proceed.
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
barney01

Re: Summat different?

Post by barney01 »

Big job Paul by the description! A real challenge but as you say be a really unusual bike at the end. :)
My first job if I was your mate is hunting Down the PO :twisted:
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE