Well, that's just chuffin' hunky chuffin' dory then innit?

You can chat about anything you like here
Alan H

Well, that's just chuffin' hunky chuffin' dory then innit?

Post by Alan H »

Just found out that my gas and lekky supplier has gonetitsup.
This'll be interesting when I tell the new one I don't do apps or smart meters.

Watch this chuffin' space.
Tw@ts.Image
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
mizzytheman

Re: Well, that's just chuffin' hunky chuffin' dory then innit?

Post by mizzytheman »

Alan H wrote:Just found out that my gas and lekky supplier has gonetitsup.

Tw@ts.Image
Looks like it back to the paraffin heater.
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Tw@ts.Image
Sorry to hear that Alan. You don't do Apps or Smart Meters, but do you do this :D :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IQem4nRSm4
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Tw@ts.Image
You get free coal dontcha? All Yorkies do. Anyway, you can always burn a few whippets to keep warm and you don't need any extra gas anyway
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Don't do paraffin or coal. And the cheapest alternative wants customers to download an app to read the smartmeter. Well, I won't be going with them then.
I thought it was all going quietly for too long.

Where's me whisky............ :roll:

Nice video John, but I ant been down a coal mine for 28 years, and never will again, although I visited a gold mine in Jo'burg about 22 years ago while I was working out there.

Nowt straightforward is there? Tw@ts.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Martin Lewis (the money expert) spoke about energy co's going bust :( a couple of weeks ago and advised what to do if you're a customer, so if you've got tv catch up :shock: or utube have a look at what he says.
I'm with "First Utility" for gas and leccy, on my second fixed price three year contract after he recommended them about five years ago and I'm very satisfied with their low prices :roll: (very important) and their service in general. HTH.
P.S. think I heard on the news recently that every home has to have a smart meter by 2020. I've had one (voluntarily) for two years and it saves me having to read both meters and submit the readings every month, anything for an easy life 8-)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: P.S. think I heard on the news recently that every home has to have a smart meter by 2020. I've had one (voluntarily) for two years and it saves me having to read both meters and submit the readings every month, anything for an easy life 8-)
That's the government's recommendation and instruction to the power companies - but it's NOT mandatory.
I don't like the idea of the supplier being able to cut my supply when/if they like at any time - remotely - or be constantly monitored so they can tell if we're on holiday (for instance).
Anyway, if they tell me I have to do something, it's a non-starter as far as I'm concerned. They can fk right off.

I moved to One Select from First Utility a couple of years ago Steve, just because it was £100 a year cheaper! Service was good, although I hadn't had a problem with the current (dud) one until they went titsup this week. Nuthin' straightforward is there? I'll have a look on youtube - although I do have tv catchup.
I haven't had a tv 'licence' for about 25 years now as I don't watch live telly. I do have 3 framed apologies from TVLA for harassment though!!! :lol:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

When my British gas :x renewal came in five years ago I took Martin Lewis's advice and found a contract with First Utility much cheaper than any other company. However when my first contract with them ran out I searched again and found lower prices with other companies, but when I compared three year contracts First Utility beat them all easily. :D
So find the best fixed term contract and change supplier when it ends, if there's another that's cheaper.
There's no prizes for loyalty ;)
Last edited by stevewharton on Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

just bypass the meter like we used to do when times were hard :) ;) colin
raysunners

Post by raysunners »

Tw@ts.Image
Hi Alan I was with one select since January, not been notified yet, found out when i tried to find out where my refund of £1000 was, they overcharged for the whole period !!
Supposed to be hearing from Offgem which supplier is taking over