DVLA

You can chat about anything you like here
stevewharton

DVLA

Post by stevewharton »

Just been on the DVLA website to check when my road tax and mot exempt kettle, needs re-taxing and re-mot'ing :tw :roll: :roll: :roll: and it looks like they're now charging for this service.
Unless I've got it wrong, there's now a 50p one off charge, or a £5.95 a month charge, paid for through a debit card for the service.
Has anyone else seen this?
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
canaletto5

Re: DVLA

Post by canaletto5 »

If you look carefully you are not on the official DVLA website. You have landed on one of those scavenging websites that offers a totally unneeded "service"

Not exactly a scam but not far off
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Cheers Kev, just realised that myself and with a bit more searching have found the correct site. FAB is "taxed" :tw until the end of April but there's no info' on the mot status, so I guess it'll just need re-applying for when the road tax is renewed.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
slosher

Post by slosher »

Steve you still have to declare it MOT exempt with either V112 at post office or do it on line see Tax MOT topic a few months back last year in General Chat :)
Page 5 at the bottom
Cheers Dave
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Dave, yeh did it online last year, just couldn't remember whether I did it at the same time as the road tax or later.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I rang DVLA last week to ask about MOT exemption before I sent off the docs to register the T200, and they said if a vehicle is over 40 and eligible for Historic status, it's automatic.
Might be worthwhile asking at the P.O. perhaps?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated